Ze forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zeke, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I didnt vote on any rules, i just follow the rules the current "dictators" put in.

Learn what democracy means.

2. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

because a lot of people like anime. a lot of gamers like anime.

also now that the Rainbow Paradise and Snailhole are gone, can we go back to a Blackhole with standards like in 2004-2006??? :S:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Liking anime for what reasons?

At any rate, the content of the thread I mentioned doesn't bother me. It's the fact that a person who is known to push the rules for the fucking luls, and then whine about it when he gets hit by "admin abuse", is annoying. He got told that Furries were not to be discussed on the forums, so he goes and makes fucking 3-5 threads about it. I think it's sad that he isn't banned for being a blatent troll, asswipe, etc. Once again, it's not that the thread has racists contents, it's that the title is made in such a manner as to suggest it contains something racists or stereotypical that some may find offensive. That kinda bullshit is annoying. Just name the damned thread "Ghetto COD player" or whatever game it was and I wouldn't have any issue with it whatsoever.

As for anime, I apparently like it for different reasons that you guys do. I like anime with great dynamic characters, whether it be a fighting or drama anime. I greatly enjoy the depth of some of the stories that are told, just like I enjoy some books, like those written by JK Rowling, JRR Tolkien, Alexander Dumas, Earnest Hemingway, etc. I also like movies that have great acting and great stage writing, like Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars, etc.

I don't like it for the fan service or the "moe" shit. So yeah, lets have a discussion about how the bad guys in Full Metal Alchemist are named after the 7 sins described in the monks part of Canterbury Tales, the differences between the original FMA anime and the one that more closely follows the manga, brotherhood. Lets make a thread on how To Aru Majutsu No Index miss uses christian values, and abuses the interpretations of the bible to create a very unique setting, or missuses different theories to their own purposes. It's nice being able to watch some shows that can take a book like the bible and use them in a way that most of western civilization could have never dreamed of.

Hell, I like final fantasy games for the way they also use references from many cultures as well. Naming their summoned creatures after gods and great beasts and men from all parts of the world, with exception of those that would offend a great portion of the world.

I hope I made myself a little more clear.

4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

TL;DR: Write about anime rather then post pics?
    And spoil it for everyone who hasn't seen it yet?
    I personally don't like discussions in which contend can unpredictably getting spoiled for the reader.

You also have to know what is talked about in the first place and cannot just enjoy the posted stuff, like you can enjoy pics.

5. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i dont believe in the bible or any "religions". now canterbury tales, thats awesome.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

had no clue we could only choose one.

its racist because delete assumes all black people talk in a loud trash talking tone and it doesnt help that the guy was white.

and i dont need to say why you deserve to be banned

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

You don't need to believe the bible to read it. The bible is the basis for a third of the worlds religious views, and reading it may help you comprehend some people, or understand where they are coming from. It will also help you understand some peoples preconceptions of the world, or help you deal with others. I don't know what to say other than even doing some reading over different parables would be good. I'm not saying I've read the entirety of the bible myself, but I can't say that I don't believe or do believe something that I don't have any knowledge of or don't understand. Understanding and believing are also completely separate.

and kane, tl;dr, go read the post if you want to discuss it. Like, I can't be fucked to read your arguments against me but you are stupid and I win the argument. As much as I would love to use this as an argument in real life, it won't work.

Yes, write about anime and discuss it rather than post 100 page threads full of nothing but images, some of which are inappropriate and many of which are questionable. I don't watch anime for the art style. I don't dislike the art style, but if I wanted to post pictures for 100 pages, I'd rather post something of substance. Maybe landscapes, sunsets, lightning storms, something like that.

and lastly, 3 people is about 1% of the user base, not 10%. Making threads you KNOW will only have 3 people who can actively participate in the subject is only slightly retarded. Even better, make a gallery off site and post a link, rather than making a thread with a 5 minute load time.

On a side note: Thank you complete, I'm glad someone else understands why delete is retarded.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It's only natural, when you are in the spotlight you want to hide the eyesore. Like when the king visits a village, you put the beautiful kids with nice dresses in the first row and hide the mentally retarted in the stable.

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I read it then used tl;dr to sumarize it, but sure have it your way.
    Whats up with that "3 people" anyway, there are far more ... and we dont have 300 users.
    Also if you don't want long loading times, how about not opening these threads then? It's your very own fault for doing so, it's like saying hell why is google loading so many pictures just because I use google image search ... I mean seriously, wtf.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

who knows why they post the chicks from animes. Maybe they are complimenting the artist for what (s)he did. The other main thing about anime is it's art, without art, anime would suck, all that storyline would be pointless. Try a website like deviant art, where 75% of the pieces are drawn chicks wearing something suggestive. You've got to respect the artist as well for trying something, just like how you have to respect the director for the film, the composer for the music, or the author for the storyline, because they did not do a bad job, it's only in your opinion that you dislike their flavours.

Hey I like anime, does that make me a faggot? Just have no chicks who look under 16 illegal.

11. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I don't see why connecting KFC and black people is racist.
    It's like saying all Americans are fat, lazy bastards and I bath in oil and wealth because I'm from Norway.
    However, I don't do that, nor am I "wealthy". It's a joke. All of it. If you don't get it, then I don't give a flying duck.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It's amazing how the posts "White people are such lazy bastards." and "Black people need to stop stealing shit." seem so different.

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

14. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i like watermelon very much.. friend chicken, only if its chinese style

15. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

Grats
    Now the trolls of the silly threads will spread in the serious ones

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

As we're rated as "the best country to live in" and that we have so much money that we can literally shit gold, yes. Not so known and popular though, since no one wants to MAKE FUN OF ME BARREL O' OIL! :rolleyes:
    Things like skis, "lutefisk" (some form of devoured-and-thrown-up-again looking fish) and hair wax abuse are just some of them. (Everyone uses hair wax, even 10 year olds :headshot: )

So, why should we treat black people more carefully?

17. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i fuckin like lutefisk. its hard to find it in my neighborhood =S..

18. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

That is probably the best kind of discussion about anime that will ever come about... EVER.

19. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

save that kind of discussion about anime for forums about anime.. the reason is that there are spoilers in those types of discussions. :S.. unless Empires has one of those commands

20. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

Nice troll lamer... see i can make retarded accusations too.
    And by the way your map isnt broken its just the rilfe balance that is.
    NF > BE (every match)