Your opinion on Anon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

These idiots are mad that BART(local electric trains) is shutting off its free WiFi for customers because they were using it to stage protests. Also a BART cop who was white killed a black passenger years ago which I am sure you guys heard about named Oscar Grant. Why the race of them both matters is beyond me.

So what do these hacktivist's do? Take private information from the BART websites and make them public... I have supported some things they did but this is getting stupid. They seem like a bunch of hipsters and kids angry at the man. What are your opinions about them? Support or no?

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

anonymous is not a real group. its a catchall term for a group of random people. channers, hackers, 12 year olds, scientology protesters

still lost on why the media keeps trying to say that they are all the same group

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wait they're protesting the loss of free wifi because they were protesting. protesception? These hacktivist aren't actually making things better, they are just being dumb and pointless and doing stuff that no one cares about, like making private information public for a transportation company.

Don't support because they are already doing something illegal to get what they want, which is something that doesn't really matter. Only support anti-DRM/Copyright.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Anonymous is great. There are a lot of smart people floating around there and i like their grass-root decision making. Of course, since 90% of them are stupid h4xor kiddies, those decisions aren't always bright.

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I don't really know what to think about them. Negative side is that they leak personal info and documents that shouldn't be leaked.
    Positive side is that they care about your privacy, which explains why they want to take down Facebook.
    I'm tilting towards hate than love, as they do a lot of unnecessary shit like empty threats and DDOSing servers for "fun".

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Contra: -they attacked Bethesda Studios (but where sorry for it afterwards)

Pro: -they produce workload on the IT-Crowd and that is good for business and IT jobs.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

If they worked more like lulzsec I would like them, but i mean if they cared about our privacy why post info they steal on the net? And we all damn well know facebook sells info to the government and all that crap. I wouldn't use it if I planned on doing something that would attract government attention..

I dunno sometimes it seems like to me they are trying to show off or get attention instead of really "sticking it to the man"

8. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

To me it shows how systems are kinda falling apart. London riots, some retards abusing some other retards... It's like society is becoming more fractured and decentralized, where everyone and his dog can belong to some group or other, and with enough of those groups many are going to fuck shit up just for fun.

It's the "Project Mayhem" generation.

9. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

A bunch of script kiddies who don't have anything better to do. Will even ddos themselves if someone posts the ip.

10. FN198

FN198 Member

dubee don't eat what you're fed. anonymous doesn't exist.

11. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

for they are anonymous!

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

turtle... go make a wall fort that looks like your avatar pic and then change your avatar pic to that.

what thats like 32 walls?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

it exists as an idea and thru the people.