You want mortar changed?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Zealoth, Apr 19, 2009.

?

Mortar

1. Change it!

38.9%
  2. Do not touch it!

61.1%
  1. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Hope it will work this time D:

2. communism

communism poof

First off I hate you for making a new thread :/ no one is going to see that sweet 2nd post. And lemme just copy my reply over here

And no, mortar has kept so much of us in the game. The skill cap on it is way above any other weapon there is and gives you something to work for

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Poll is not representative because 'changed' could mean 'changed in any way' and that means some people could want it nerfing and some could want it buffing, and if that's the case it's probably about right.

4. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

I would like the mortar to become a little more effective against large buildings...
    But other then that I think it is fine...

I rarely get killed by a mortar...

If a grenadier shoots at you with a mortar most people just crouch adn try to shoot the grenadier, this is no problem if you are a Rifleman with HP increase and Dig In. But if you haven't got those skills you will die instantly.

If a grenadier shoots at you with a mortar you should try to run away.

If you don't you will die.

How is this so hard to understand for most people?

5. Demented

Demented Member

And yet you voted for Do Not Touch It!

"Make up your mind."
    -Edmund Duke, Starcraft

6. Drag

Drag Member

Lowered building resists against mortar by 0.05. It's 6 dmg more. This doesn't sound like much but it is since buildings have 100-250 hp. And yes, a single mortar guy still won't down buildings in seconds, its a mortar not a nuke bomb launcher.

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Cause it seems to much for most people to unload the
    "fight against enemys with guns" protocol and load the
    "fight against enemys with indirect firing weapons"

8. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

More splash and in the same step a bit less damage against infantry would be nice => hurts more infantry at once but deals less damage => Weapon of mass destruction:rolleyes:

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Ya, would remove one hit kills with mortars, but make it more of a .. mortar.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Do not make it a boring weapon. Listen to the people who know the weapon before you make changes.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

By which you mean 'Don't change it because I like it, it doesn't matter whether it's better off for the balance or the playerbase as a whole.'

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

haha no by which I mean don't change it because people hate getting killed by it. Don't listen to people who say its OP and then say its not good at anything.

It fills a role by killing engineers repairing turrets and is used for area denial. And with team work you can take down buildings.

13. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Firstly I know the mortar and I like it so stop your accuse...
    Secondly It`s not a mortar ... a mortar is an arrangable grenade launcher, imo great splash+accurate dmg+high reloadtime. ATM the mortar has a smaller splash radius then a normal grenade but makes more dmg to infantry... that`s my reason to say give it higher splash but less dmg to infantry

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Mortars fire as fast as you can drop shells into the tube, they're probably one of the fastest firing artillery pieces you can get.

15. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

mortars like those ones are the stick-it-in-the-ground-calculate-distance-fire-fire-fire ones. I'm guessing a military trained unit could do it in under 30 seconds. The ones empires has are able to set up in less than half a second.

16. zenarion

zenarion Member

Yeah but for some reason, the real-life mortars are much scarier.
    I would just like seeing the Gren being more of a damage dealer than the engineer, even to buildings.
    To hell with that nade spam!

17. communism

communism poof

Every one of these threads ends up with people saying what a mortar should be blah blah blah. Is a name change all you want? I mean seriously

18. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Calling it a grenade launcher would mean that it would have to be balanced like a grenade launcher and that it is supposed to be used like a grenade launcher.
    Calling it a mortar means that it should be used and balanced like a mortar.

At the moment it is called a mortar but used a lot like a grenade launcher. Clarifying its role would help a lot to tell us what its role is supposed to be.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think the rate of fire with a trained team is about one shot every five to seven seconds.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

People ARE saying that its used and balanced like a nade launcher. How should it be used if its called a nade launcher? Attach it to a rifle? Calling it a mortar doesn't mean it has to be balanced like a mortar. This isn't a realism mod.