You cant build turrets in this area

Discussion in 'Support' started by -Mayama-, Mar 14, 2009.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I played slaughtered and I get a "you cant build turrets in that area"
    when I try to place a turret as engineer for no reason...
    Might it be possible that someone placed a engi restrict brush over the whole map !?!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. zenarion

zenarion Member

Maybe it's a feature?

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

i get some other thing, i cant place engy stuff for shit, its 90% of the time red, that includes ammo boxes too.

4. communism

communism poof

Can only hope this was an oversight.... Classic map lacking ammo is just horrid.

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I get the same message in urbanchaos. I was able to place ammo boxes and cameras but no turrets, unless that was done on purpose.

6. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

there is a new entity for restricting things in mapping now, if I wasnt compiling right now Id give you a more through explanation.

7. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

ok I found out what the problem is, they added a new value to the emp_game_info entity that is prevent turrent building, and you can allow no turrets, lvl 1, lvl1 & lvl 2, or lvl 1 & lvl 2 & lvl3. Currently the value defaults to allow no turrets so since they didnt actually update any of the rest of the maps but this like is still included into the entities by default it should not allow you to build turrets.

this command is also available for the brush based engineer restrict entities (adding to just allow walls or not).

also there is the inf_restrict brush based entity, im assuming it works like a player clip with the additional options of allowing you to choose by class or side whos allowed into the brush area.

if you are currently working on a map id recommend changing the restrict turret command in the emp_game_info. I couldnt figure out for a second why I wasnt able to build turrets on frozen summit, then I realized that it was probably the same problem mayama was having and promptly hunted it down.

8. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Good work.

9. flounder

flounder Member

Of all the map entity changes we ask for, they give us this?

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you want to fix this for your server, use a program like entspy to edit the properties of the emp_info_params entity, and set the option to 0.

11. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

The proper fix would be to make Empires default to allowing turrets when that keyvalue doesn't exist.

12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It's quick, it's easy, and it helps remove lvl3 whore fests and never ending maps.