Yellow and Black shapes and then crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by gpick, Apr 6, 2008.

1. gpick

gpick Member

Hi, I recently installed empires v2.1 and in every game but one that I have played I have black and yellow sharp shapes flashing across my screen and then a few seconds later the game crashes recquiring a restart. Does anyone know what is causing this? I sometimes get this problem in Dystopia but not as often. System specs below.

windows xp
    Pentium 4 2.8Ghz (@3.6 but problem persists without oc)
    1 gb pc2 5300 ram (not much)
    8800GT (latest drivers)
    P5N-E sli (mobo)

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Recently updated your drivers? Temperature okay? Download RivaTuner to get a hold of your temperatures.

3. gpick

gpick Member

With previous games I have never seen temps over low 50s at stock so assumed it wouldn't be temps. I tried setting my fan to 100%, tried to twice to play, once it crashed at sending client info (which has happend before) and the second attempt it crashed after a few seconds of play with repeating sounds (which has also happend before). Both black screened me and recquired a restart so I was unable to recover the logs for the temperature but I doubt it is that.

Oh and I recently installed new drivers to try and fix this problem so I have had the problems with both old and new.

Does anyone know what else might cause this?

Just tried downloading the source sdk base - orange box incase it used that, didn't help also tried turning off all the firewall spyware programs etc didn't hlep either.

Ok, I have now found one server which I can join and have none of the above issues, but only one server. The mushmachiene server. If any one knows what may be unique about this server that means I don't crash with it pls say.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Tried this to fix your repeating sound crashes?

5. gpick

gpick Member

My Pagepool memory usage never went over a 150, the sound only looped on crash every now and then, there was no limit to pagepool memory shown in my boot.ini but it worked!!! Thanks for the help :)

btw This sorted the problem a few days ago but I have only just been able to pull myself away from the game to post here. Thanks.