Xbox One

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by petemyster, May 21, 2013.

1. petemyster

petemyster Member

What did everyone think of the Xbox One reveal?

Can't say I would get one myself as my computer does well by me. I found it pretty hard to get excited over some of the game side of things they were boasting about.

The COD forest scene they were getting wet over looks like Crysis did 6 years ago. Or the fact they were boasting over having a vault animation and fish that moved away from the player. I guess the point is that they are finally catching up to the PC side of things and bringing it to the living room.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

8 Gigs of ram ona new generation console.

Fucks sake that was the first thing I read about it and already I'm fully pissed pf on how Xbox again will drag every fucking cross platform game down due to shitty fucking RAM. Enjoy your corridor gameplay in 1080p.

Fuck your shit microsoft.

The thing I care most about though is how will this affect prices of Pc gear. Of all the games coming out im pumped for Dark Souls 2 of all things, and I know that my trusty 4 year old PC aged retardedly well, but im not going to make him choke on his own chips.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  4. petemyster

petemyster Member

I am most excited about getting my hands on the new controller and Kinect http://youtu.be/9kENCgBu2o4

I would love to see Microsoft do another XNA sort of framework to allow for easy mucking around with stuff like this. The trigger feedback would be a lot of fun to develop with, while the heartbeat sensor would demonstrate how much of a pussy I am playing Dead Space

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Another thing. What the heck is up with the name? I mean its all fitting for american consumer to have scale that doesnt make shit for sense, but going (blank) --> 360---> one is just stupid beyond comprehension. Now eveyone saying xbox or xbox one will be confused on which console the heck you mean.

Next up, XboX X, because shocking swerve is always good isnt it.

6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Tuned in to see "15 EXCLUSIVE TITLES" on the live stream. The last time MS made an exclusive of a game that I wanted to play, it was with Alan Wake. I waited for that game since 2005 and had to wait another 3 years for a PC port.

I am proud of pirating Windows.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This is the last console. The previous generation almost lasted a decade. By the time the current generation is mature, streamed games will be blossoming.

The Xbox one is just a set top box that can locally play games. But don't be confused, it's a set top box first. Kinect is matured (no remote needed!). Blu-ray playback and 4k streaming are also present.

Expect next gen console makers to try to bundle media streaming into a monthly gaming fee (xbl). Eventually (super long term), we could see a Netflix-esque al a carte bundled into the monthly revenue stream. Then it really becomes a "gaming" fee.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hell, I would say it's gonna bring PC gaming back by what Spartacus says, and I'm being serious here, he happens to know the most about Tech n' Trends (TnT) around here.

9. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I just noticed Xbox One also switched to x86 arch. Now there's no excuse to not port games back and forth.

10. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

I almost cared.

Oh wait no I didn't.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

NEXT GENERATION DISPLACEMENT MAPPING
    NEXT GENERATION VOLUMETRIC LIGHT
    NEXT GENERATION WATER
    NEXT GENERATION SMOKE
    NEXT GENERATION FUCKING DOGS

MAN AM I EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I've barely played my PS3 so I probably won't get a new console, but I still hope sony blows this faggotry out of the water.

12. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

It'll be the PS5 before it can beat this:

[​IMG]

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

My friend had an idea for a drinking game with a list of things that would require 1 or more shots when said. One thing on the list was a full five shots if it happened, though he didn't actually drink anything.

In particular, on his list it said, "One shot every time the word 'innovation', 'next-gen' or 'immersion' is said." He calculated that a person using only that criteria and ignoring the rest of the list would have died of alcohol poisoning thirty minutes in.

14. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

6chars

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

xbox one? seriously? one? like the wouldnt have a been a bunch of xboxes in the past ...

18. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Where did you hear this?

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I don't see any reason to get next Gen consoles anymore.
    For me consoles are about fun games to play for a couple of hours with friends in the front room and they don't really need much more hardware to do that these days.

any game requiring actual skill need a keyboard/mouse or a wheel and pedals and are usually much better on a PC. Online multplayer games are just much better on the PC platform and always will be.

plus all the console exclusives seem to be getting more and more boring and middle of the road.

Mortal Kombat, street fighter, sports games, worms...
    I think its just more and more difficult for consoles to be exciting given that PCs move along so much faster and have so many more genres and titles. I thought the market places for consoles would become more like the mobile app space with easier development but I really don't see any innovation.

pretty much everything the console market needs is content based, not new hardware. Only thing I guess they have going for them is that a fixed he platform allows companies to do more optimization.

will not be buying any new consoles but if I did I think it would be a PS4 and mostly because it makes a good bluray and media center that my flatmates can't easily infect with a virus..

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

As with every Microsoft product, i hope for the Xbox One to crash and burn.