Write custom briefings for our official maps

Discussion in 'Community Requests' started by Beerdude26, Mar 12, 2014.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

#BrokenPromises

I *will* do glycencity this week, most likely today.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

#lazy

What's left?

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

Check the OP ;)

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I've always loved slaughtered. I can probably do that :)

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

emp_glycencity oh dear I hope it's not too long

The main battle may be raging in the plains outside the city, but a sizable Imperial force has split off the main army and is threatening to flank Jekotian units by taking over the city center. Luckily for the defenders, main battle tanks are tied up already and won't be available to assist Brenodi infantry, but the same applies to Northern Faction armour. If Glycen, the heart of the rebellion, were to fall, the war will be lost. This cannot happen.

The battle has ensued, and now is the time for the Eighth Division to shine - they are to part ways with the main force, head into Glycen City, take it over and surround the rebel forces out in the cold, wintery wastes. Losing the freshly established capital of the Northern Faction will be a devastating blow to insurgent morale, likely sufficient to bring the entire war to an end. The fight will take place from building to building, with every structure taken shifting the tide, and must be over quickly so that the Jekotians don't have time to adapt.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

emp_district402:

We may have been retreating away and away from Imperial forces, but it was all part of a bigger plan - along the way, we've been collecting every able soul ready and willing to carry a weapon, and even though our backs are against the wall, we have the numbers necessary to break through the Brenodi lockdown and away, to a proper Jekotian army! The streets are tight and cluttered with junk, so no Imperial vehicles can approach us and any fighting will happen up close and personally. This might lead to a slow grind towards freedom and victory. However, there are also sewers running under the streets...

The insurgents have been running from us for way too long already, but now they finally have nowhere else to flee. All exits from District 402 have been sealed off, and they must face us here and now - we *Will* bring them the Empress' justice. The District itself is very compact, with plenty of cover and limited maneuvering space. There's no way we could fit a tank in there without cleaning up the mess on the streets, and that won't happen with rebel bullets whizzing overhead. This fight is all up to the infantry, who can't wait to show off their combat training.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

emp_forest_ob: or whatever the name is

The oil pump in the heart of this area, while not exactly critical or particularly efficient, is a nice addition to Northern Faction economy and would boost the armies' fighting ability in the long run. Therefore, a force was dispatched to secure the area the moment scouts reported an Imperial army heading in its direction. The pump is surrounded by very steep, almost cliff-like hills and covered by a somewhat thick forest. Supporting units fighting the Imperials in different valleys can't really be done, so flanking potential is pretty much non-existent - the battle will be, for better or for worse, similar to grinding down a long street.

The oil pump located in this area, thanks to the efforts of air reconnaisance units, has been under rebel control for at least five months. Now that it was spotted, a division was sent off in the wake of a small construction team to deal with it and cut off the source of oil from the Jekotians. The terrain is almost unnaturally steep, often to the point of impassability. The entire area is also wooded, particularly around the pump itself. Said pump, however, is not the only point of interest in the area - a resource node to the northwest seems particularly abundant.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Will add these when I get a chance. Just slaughtered left now :)

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

I have no good idea for slaughtered, so you're left with Ikalx now :)

10. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ok, I stopped being lazy and did this.

It seems that forest actually isnt an official map! (I could have sworn it was). I would like to see about getting it included.

Just slaughtered now please

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

emp_slaughtered

A text book map for a text book battle. No surprises here, two routes, three bases, and the smell of gunmetal in the air. We have to move quickly to secure and hold the bridge as the most direct route. The main battle will be fought in the east however, and it is essential that the "S-Bend" is locked down as soon as possible. Lightning squads raid fast and hard in this area until vehicular support arrives. Remember we have a distinct disadvantage on this territory, with the land proving advantageous for enemy artillery. Hammer them until they buckle.

Lock down east. No ifs, no buts, do it. We've drawn the enemy into this territory and we're going to bleed them dry. We'll want a defensive wall on the bridge until we're ready to strike, and a skeleton crew to man it when it's up. The "S-Bend" will be our true battleground, but it's going to be a tough one. Lots of casualties expected, so bring a medic and damn well lay some mines, you'll need 'em. Watch for stealth attacks from the waterside, and don't let anything past you.

See if that works (and fits NF/BE respectively). If not, I can change it.

12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Sounds good. Changed gunmetal to gunpower and "Lock down east" to "Lock down the east".

Great job guys :)

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Gunpower or gunpowder? :P Also...yeah I wasn't sure about gunmetal, but it is an actual thing, which is cool.

Though who knows what NF and BE makes their guns out of. Don Megel once told me that NF has a kind of red metal/plastic composite, I think, which was interesting to say the least :)

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Hooray, we got all :p