Worst parents in the world punk kid into thinking he got an Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lithium, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Making the graphics better won't make the games better. One of the best games ever made is Super Mario Bros. 3.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I never said graphics. My favorite games are ugly as shit.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Take another look at what you said.

Sounds an awful lot like graphics to me. That's really the only thing the PS3 has against the Xbox360, the Wii, and the PC.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

There's more to hardware than graphics. Stop being so stuck up?

5. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

No shit there's more to hardware than graphics. Stop being a sony fanboi.

The playstaion series of consoles have always had a weird architecture, but that didn't stop anyone from making goods games on the PS1 and the PS2. Sony just fucked up royally with the PS3 by concentrating on graphics so much.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'm not a Sony fanboy. I have an xbox360. I'm not for or against any platform. Heck, I wouldn't have this xbox360 if a friend of my mom didn't win it at work. Again, stuck up much?

7. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

You are the one who is stuck up, claiming that the PS3 will "get better" when the developers start "tapping the hardware's full potential" when the only "potential" it has are the graphics.

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

..and memory space, seriously some of the people I've meet while playing online on the PS3 remind me of PC gamers; instead of bragging about their graphics card, they brag about about how many gigs/terabytes their HDD is. :p

Personally I went with the PS3 because the online is free, & the library of games is extremely similar to the 360's, & some the exclusive titles where unique enough that I just had to get one. :D (Plus I kinda like how my PC's headset, keyboard, & mouse work perfectly with the PS3. ^^ )

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

my parents once did this to me in reverse, i was saving up for something (i believe it was my first computer) and they said they would give me 50 € (or something like that, it was a reasonable high amount of money to me then, so i was ecstatic) for my birthday so i worked in weekends and quit my job when i roughly had the money (i hated it, just did it for my saving and i couldn't get any better at that age) when i had enough together with the incoming 50 €

then my parents have me a happy birthday card and 3 kisses and said happy birthday and walked out of the room smiling and giggling to each other...

i was torn apart to not look like someone who would be not happy about his present so i thanked them politely with a forced smile while tears started forming in my eyes thinking about how i just quit the only job that i could get in 2 months looking and that they would never hire me again (i was like... 13 or so, jobs don't rain for 13 year olds)

in the end they gave me the 50€... but they still laugh like hell for it

10. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thats just a rumor, that is spread by sony. They want to give there she ahh costumers some hope, so they can still sell some games. Face it the ps3 is dead. In the last generation nintendo lost, now they made the wii a awesome console. In this one Sony did lose, so they might be not that bad in the next generation, but I don't really believe that. I don't see any potential in Sony anymore.

11. Pope_Homeless_XIII

About as dead as PC gaming. :p

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

As I see it, PC gaming is probably the best thing to play games on, but the fact that more people use the 360 and the Wii is just evidence that the rest of the world are mindless fools (no offence to anyone who bought a 360/wii)

13. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Yes there is
    -warhawk
    -little big planet
    -haze
    -resistance fall of man
    -resistance 2
    -killzone 2 (soon)
    -turok (ps3 and xbox version of different the ps3 one is better)

now lets stop before this becomes a fan boy war

*edit* just read page 3 to late -.-

good about xbox:
    -great online
    -great home screen

bad about xbox:
    -pay for online
    -they break to easily
    -if you buy all the stuff for the xbox the ps3 is cheaper the ps3 comes with all the stuff you need

good about ps3:
    -free online
    -lots of good games (why dont people with xbox actually look around before they say ps3 has no good games)
    -six axis
    -web browser and convenience of most head sets work with it
    -blu ray comes with the console

bad about ps3:
    -expensive(not by much compared to xbox)
    -online isnt a good as xbox
    -it doesn't let you play music in game yet -.-

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  14. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I wouldn't really call those two great games. But that's just me. I must say though the PS3 is an amazing machine. Too bad I don't have an HDTV.

15. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Haze is a bit like l4d in the sence that it is only good if you play it with freinds

16. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I don't have an HDTV either, the only annoyance are the little white "scanning lines", though that problem is the same with all my consoles & VCR plugged into my current TV with the exception of the N64 :/ .

I might just pick up Haze just to say "I own every game ever made by Free Radical Design!" :P (Seeing as how the company probably won't see the end of 2009 D: ).

17. arklansman

arklansman Member

lolwut

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I think he means the dashboard. What you boot too if you don't have a disc in the tray, or it isn't set to auto-start the game.

19. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's exactly what I was responding to. The 360 dashboard is one of the worst I've ever seen. (both the old and new)

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think the ps3 is better, but literally all my real life friends have the 360 so that's where the fun is at. I don't care what the dashboard looks like or how its organized. The games are where its at.

I'm bout to get l4d too see what the fuss is all about.