World in Conflict

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Namst, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Namst

Namst Member

Does anyone else play this game? As far as I can tell, most people either love it or hate it, and I fall into the former category. If anyone else does, Let me know. If you want to learn how to play, I'm going to make the only legal suggestions and say download the multiplayer trial or buy it, and I'd be glad to help you quickly elevate yourself above the arty spamming helicopter-bait noobs! :) (no offense intended :P)

2. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I love this game as well. I usually play support or armor, but my clan and I have perfected touch-and-go hit-and-run tactics. But we're crap in a slugfest.

3. taiiat

taiiat Member

i dont liek world in conflict personally. its was boring, and the campaign was way to short. i hate tha tto get more units you need to use the air drop thing. that was bull. i bought the collectors edition, and now i plan to sell it.

4. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I LOVE WIC!!!!!!!! Ive been playing RTS's since the birth of C&C tiberian dawn in 1995 and have loved them ever since. The thing is though, with 99.9% of RTS games its prity similar. Its always a case of build ur base get ground kick ass. With this it is so much more tactical. The fact of no base is made up with the amount of abiltys. I think that the airdrop thing rocks alomst as much as ACDC. BE NICE ITS SOMTHING DIFFERANT!!! Battles are some of the most intence since COH:oF and that is saying something. The graphics rock and the scale of the battlefields IS GREAT. It has some of the lageist battlefields in any RTS game and what i like most about it is that u can handle the size because of the scale of the zoom out. In my opinion it is somthing fresh and new on the menu. This is a very imaginative and well thorght out game. My only critsisam about the game is that U CANT GO ON THE BATTLEFIELD UR SELF!!! OTHERWISE THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :rage: :rage::rage:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

What were you on dude? xD
    Sure you can go into the battlefield! A ticket to IRAQ.. How much can it cost? (It's almost as the 80ths, just with bigger bombs falling from the sky!
    :whistle:

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

nebajoth, rampantandroid, coffeeburrito, me and a few others are downloading WIC to play over hamachi.

7. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

Im also downloading it as well... But its going insanely slow... so....
    Whats the game play like? (Rating: ... )

8. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

I own it, played the beta, like it. If someone dragged me into a game, I would play, but otherwise im busy with the likes of LOTRO, Project Reality, and my new 360.

9. boooooom3

boooooom3 Member

I got it, and i love it. It's the best RTS gamer ever imo.
    I'm at my best when playing Air, but i can do all other roles decently.
    If anyone is up for a game count me in.

10. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Ill have it downloaded soon boom. Ill see you on hamachi :D

11. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I'll get on whenever you guys hit me up.

12. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

PM me for the hamachi info, Q

13. petemyster

petemyster Member

such piracy, your all a disgrace and your souls will burn in hell exclaimed petemtyser while he was downloading the c&c decade back and 3 albums

14. LordDz

15. taiiat

taiiat Member

ur on something. everyone has his/her own opinion. and imo i hate it. the ardrop for extra units is bull. i like having a base and gatting a huge army. thats why i have all of the C&C's. cept KW, didnt get that quite yet. and the graphics are crap. the tanks have 2d textures, the explosion textures are flat, the only thing i liked about it was the artillery strikes. that was kool. and i was surprised that on lvl1 my fkin spc's owned tons of tanks. prety gay if you ask me. those are just regular anti-personnel bullets. not 30mm or AP, or tracing, or phosphorus. so it was gay. it was just not very much fun. the campaign was way too easy. and so short! the most surprising thing is that i had to dl a couple files if i remember right. some big ass files. they should come with it, not be a dl thing. dling 2 1.5+gig files is gay.

16. LordDz

You're one of the people who just loved Crysis huh?:)
    And about the campaign, try hard difficulty next time.

17. taiiat

taiiat Member

i played it on med. but it was just set up odd. and i dont love crysis, its good, although the MP lacks. i prefer HL2 really. 's why i play empires. and why i play sourceforts. crysis is eye candy, not a whole lot more. the nice touches are the incindiary rounds and the nano suit, but its basically HL2 with kickass shaders.

i would play WIC again only i uninstalled it already and im lazy. and based on SP, MP didnt sound like fun. CP style is boring.

18. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I haven't played it yet, but I'm willing to bet crysis is like doom 3. Great engine, now make a game with it.

19. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

well crysis wasn´t all that bad :P
    i would not consider to be a really good game (though the graphics and the whole freezing thing is awesome =D )
    but there are definetly way worse games then crysis!
    but the thing that annoyed me most about crysis is that the story was so short and screamed for a sequel !

20. Namst

Namst Member

Feel free to add me to friends and PM me in WIC. Username is still namst.