World in Conflict

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpugeek, Oct 27, 2007.

1. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Anyone play this game yet? I just dled the demo and I must say, from what i've played so far this has got to be one of the best strategy games i've played lately. I actually haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but i actually went through the campaign mission in the demo twice (it was that cool). And the graphics are amazing!

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Was it DX10 exclusive?

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I was in the beta but it felt like a crappier version of ground control 2 :(

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'll likely dl this at a lter time. I have yet to rry RC29, to teh servar!

5. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I decided to buy this game a couple days ago. The graphics are pure awesomeness, and the campaign is very well done, but the multiplayer plain outright sucks. It's pretty much just a bunch of ordering 3-4 tanks, sending them out to do something, and then they get blown up by enemy tanks or helicoptors, and you buy a couple more and blow their tanks up, then they get some more and kill yours... same old same old the whole match really.

6. Chahk

Chahk Member

I'm guessing you haven't played as part of a clan yet. Just like in Empires, you can rambo your way around the map, and that might even get you enough points for an occasional Nuke. But with some real teamwork and voice comms you can pretty much crush any opposition. Only when you meet another well-organized team do you get to have real fun.

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Shouldn't have to be a part of a clan to enjoy a game.

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Shouldn't be.

9. Chahk

Chahk Member

It's still quite enjoyable without a clan. But just like with any other online game, communication and teamwork brings it to the whole new level.

10. jouwmakker

jouwmakker Member

Bought it a month ago. Weak singleplayer. It feels like you keep being ordered around, again, again and got no freedom at all. The multiplayer however is great and really fun. There's also a lot of teamwork.

I do hate it when a lot of people take support, support sucks through my perspective, Air all the way baby!

11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Yup, the singleplayer was pretty lacking. The in-game FMV's are pretty nice though.