World Cup Thread: Get Hyped

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BitterJesus, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Soccer is more about technique and individual skill than football.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Soccer (which is a British word which is short for asSOCiation football, as opposed to all the other kinds) would be a great sport and I might even enjoy watching it if it weren't for shithead fans and wussy millionaire players. At a semi-professional level, I'm sure it's a pretty cool game.

Italy should not be allowed to play sport, they ruin everything they come into contact with.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Call me crazy, but I watch team sports so I can root for a team, not one guy.

That's what I don't like about Basketball. One man can totally carry his team.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Spain won the last EM and WM in football. Their coach basicaly stomped every inch of ego out of his team. European football teams are usually more team orientated and care not so much about who scored the point. South american teams are usually full of hyper egos that want to 1v11 the enemy team.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

So what you're saying is if we were football players we'd all be Brazilians?

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Im actually somewhat perplexed at your choices. You get retarded fans everywhere, same with higher ups if load of money are involved. What football really sucks at is the fact the noone fucking cares to finally make the ref partially obsolete. So the way we are now, we end up having people who simulate injuries impact the outcome of the match and that is very not okay.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I've been trying to explain this to people for ages. I don't doubt that Handegg is a strategical game. Like you said, it's more turn-based. One team is always on the offensive, the other is always on the defensive. But for me, that's boring as shit. It's way too slow paced and I can't stand shit stopping every few seconds.

8. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

I used to feel exactly the same about this. Now I love seeing a team like the Spurs. I have to say that the sport has a bad rep because the public wants to see that. Yet the Miami heat is loaded and 90's bulls had dennis rodman and Kerr who holds the carreer high for 3 pointers at 45% fuck jordan is overrated.

In basketball and Hockey. Everyone is a defender when you don't have possession. This is what I dislike the most about a beautiful sport like Football, you have guys like balottelli who just camp the front of the opposite net. They are lazy and do no defensive work. They think they make their teams win and get all the glory, the bitchs and the millions when those guys only touch the ball because the whole team worked up the field to feed them.

The greatest thing about football is when Man city beats Man U.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  9. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

The Pro era started in 1925 I think? Since the start of the Pro leagues has there been deaths caused by internal bleeding? I tend to find football before that era to be a bit "insane"

Glad we have someone here who can appreciate the subtle things of American Football. It's like appreciating empires for the finer things.

Do you have a Favorite NFL team spartacus? Im going to see the 49ers vs the Cowgirls in Dallas this year but i I'm a converted Browns fan.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or real madrid beats madrid city.

11. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Spanish league is unbalanced. Barcelona had a 100+ games winning streak. Insane.

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ill be the devils advocate here. Basketball court is way smaller than football's. You can have your guys run around it for 15 mins. Now with the giant football playing field, if you had every person go back all the time, youd end up with several heart attacks after 45 minutes. Now im not totally serious by saying the above, but your offence must be top shape. they have to have the energy to sprint past the enemy and do all those tricks.

13. ImSpartacus

Yeah, it changed a lot. It went from being a lot like rugby to being completely unique with the forward pass rule.

I root for the Packers, but I'm not much of an NFL guy. I graduated from OSU, so I love me some Buckeyes.

I used to be like that. You get used to it.

In my experiences, football has better pacing then rugby, hockey or soccer. More highs and lows. I try to watch soccer or hockey and 90% of it feels boring. I can't get emotionally into it.

Games like football and baseball definitely have their "lows", but the "highs" are decidedly high. You get to the point where you're like, "The next play (5-10s) is going to decide the game." You don't know which way it's going, but you know that it could go either way. It's kinda like a penalty kick in soccer. It's fucking intense.

14. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

FUCK YES.

Im glad to be a buckeye and not just some nut. I became a buck eyes fan because I hated Michigan. Fuck Michigan.

I coach hockey and play hockey. It's just a game of error it's not fun to watch. Coaching and playing is more fun as you have a task and more control on the situation.

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh, one gets used to a lot. people who live next to airfields get used to the noise aswell.

16. ImSpartacus

Always the optimist...

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats me ^^

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I giggled. ;)

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well it was the most optimistic thing flasche has ever said, ever.

20. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

I understand that. I understand the best strategy in the game is to put a Diva in front of the oppositions net. That is simply what I dislike. That there is a place for such behavior/strategy because it's the best thing to do. Just like researching arty on money.
    I know you need to spread the field. It's just an element that I dislike in football.