Woo Hurricane!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pope_Homeless_XIII, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Well the winds are starting to pick up, & the sky is getting darker & we've already bought A bunch of hurricane crap. The lines for gas are extremely long, & I'm just hoping the power doesn't go out like last year when both Hurricane Katrina & Wilma passed by. I'm just hoping those bricks from the construction on the other side of the street stay there. Oh great, it just started to rain.

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

Hurricanes are pretty awesome mother nature events (if you don't count the tragedy). The pure destructive force that it brings is terrifying and yet jaw-dropping.

I was in Orlando when Hurricane Charlie came by a couple of years ago (on holiday). Amazing how people just shrug it off and go, "Oh well, shit happens". And carry on as though nothing has happened.

"Oh, the trees fallen over and crushed that house....that was unfortunate..."

I mean, thats pretty conditioned behaviour.

3. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Yeah people here don't really care about the hurricane, just how much they gotta pay after words, for example we just repaired the roof that was damaged last year a month ago which cost us a good $2000, now here comes a another hurricane to mess it up again. As for death, it pretty common during & after the hurricane (but mostly after the hurricane becuase people are to stupid to see the electric cable that is currently in the water).

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

A few people died in the one I was in, but they were in mobile homes.....now why would someone stop in one of them when they know full well that a force so powerful it can uproot trees is coming?

Weird lifestyles, so different in Europe where we are free of most matural disasters.

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I heard they evacuated wake island.

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Hurray, another hurricane. I'm also in florida and my surrounding counties have school and such suspended. Atleast I can catch up on needed sleep.

Hurricanes themselves don't bother me, it's just the weeks of no power afterwords (Which of course leaves no air conditioning). This one shouldn't be too bad, nothing compared to those five consecutive ones almost two years ago. Oh man that was fun.

New Orleans..I love that city and after Katrina struck it just isn't the same. For a long time very few people lived there, whole sections of the city were blacked out, literally a ghost town. Up until 3 years ago I've never experianced a hurricane, but now frankley I've had my fill. But it is fun standing outside in the middle of one, very refreshing.

Well, good luck on your end. Hope you have a generator and plenty of hands to clean up your street.

Oh, and if it's any constellation, the weather over here is sky blue, very few clouds in the sky. I think I'll go sunbathe :D

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Well that sucked, only a few winds & a bit of rain, oh well I just hope I still get the day off tommorow.

8. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

That was the lamest hurricane I've ever been through, school shouldn't have been cancelled. :/

9. John

John Member

It's not a hurricane its a tropical storm.

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Was a tropical storm, now it's a tropical depression :P