[WIP] DoD-ish player models

Discussion in 'General' started by Dr. Doener, Mar 11, 2008.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Release the models and sounds separately. I for one would love the models, but don't want the sounds being changed. I'm sure there are others with the same stance.

2. taiiat

taiiat Member

c3po? wha???? for what?!??!? you cant forget umm, damn i am brain dead the last few days. you gotta have the but orangutan thing. and the vehicles, jeep is the hover bike thing, AT-ST would be the light tank. AT-AT would be heavy, and for med im not sure.

as for the sounds, meh. i would like sounds that match the vehicles. i wouldntwant an odd engine sound to be a hover bike coming up. and the research would have to be completly diff if it was SW. you couldnt have improved cannons... itd have to be lasers. and btw lasers take a reasonable toll on FPS, so you guys'd haveta watch for that ur FPS is gonna go down a ways in the middle of a fire-fight.

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

taiiat, learn about your post topic before you post. If you simply replaced the current models, then you would have hitboxes and collision models that do not match what you see. The collision models are hardcoded (or something similar to prevent them being changed) IIRC. It would make playing with the replacement very un-enjoyable as, for example, it would look like you can hit a part of the enemy, yet, because the old collision models and hitboxes for the official vehicles remain, you have a good chance of missing. It adds nothing but eye candy to the game, while, at the same time, creating a mis-representation of the actual vehicle.

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Collision models are always those of the server's models, if you change the server's models, then the client's models might not match up.

5. Dr. Doener

Dr. Doener Member

That's why it's a HOVER jeep :D

Some more tweaks to the StarWars modelpack, and I'll release them the next few days or so

6. taiiat

taiiat Member

i only suggested that wed need different vehicles if there was a starwars model pack. i didnt say to do it. they were goddamn suggestions. i know the collosion models weouldnt match, although i didnt know that the modesls were hardcoded. but its still a great thing that people are willing to make diferent things(models) for teh mod. it means we get a variety of ideas.

i never said it would be wasy to make new vehicles. so why dont you think befor YOU post. atm i can tell that it is extreemely difficult to change the viehicle models as we would need to make new collision parameters.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

plz don't forget the dod looking guys.. I have been checkin this thread every day in hopes of downloading them and if these damn starwars fans are making you replace them with wookies i'll be pissed! lol

I dont live too far from skywalker ranch.. don't make me go over there and slap george in the face :P

8. Dr. Doener

Dr. Doener Member

Well, I'm not going off-topic cuz of Star Wars :D
    Playing around with the Star Wars models helped me fixing a few issues on the DoD ones, so don't worry ...

To show that I'm still working on the DoD guys, here's a screenshot of the current BE engineer (not final):

[​IMG]

Also please don't check this thread every day. Seriously. Check it every night instead.

You can't beat Mr. Lucas. He will bite you. Wookie-DNA ftw :rolleyes:

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

So.. Soon we will see mods in Empires? (there is currently one! Altored), but with star wars theme! :D

10. Dr. Doener

Dr. Doener Member

I think at this stage, no more changes to the BE player models, they are rather finished.
    Although their skins need tweaking, I'll do that later.

Currently I'm focusing on the NF guy, now he got rid of the cowboy shoes cuz of a new updated body model.
    If you consider this recent NF model to be good, give me some feedback, so I can progress to a state where there are only skinning tasks to be done.

^^

[​IMG]

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yeah that looks great :D hes kind of got the emo short sleeve shirt thing going on but thats alright :)

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Moar reddishness. The models should at least follow the general color scheme of red NF, blue BE.

13. Dr. Doener

Dr. Doener Member

OK, armor west & trousers need more red.
    Shirt darker, and length to the elbows?

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

looks like mal from firefly :D with a hat