Win statistics

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Señor_Awesome, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Balancing Empires has always been a bunch of guesswork. What if we had some statistic obtaining script running on the servers? Something that gathered information for each round like:

• Number of players in round
    • Items researched on both sides
    • Match time
    • Winner
    • Number of vehicles made on both sides
    • The loadout of said vehicles
    • Most used infantry weapons

I dunno how doable some of that is, but I think it would certainly help with balancing. Of course, this information should only be available to the devs (who hopefully won't abuse it :rolleyes: ) until an update makes it obsolete.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There used to be a statistics website link coded into the game where it reported the team that won on a map. So essentially, you'd have a page for emp_cyclopean and a simple score for how many NF wins, how many BE wins. It was pretty useful info despite being simplistic, I'd like to see something like that again. CoffeeBurrito was the one who set that up last time.

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Cant hlstatsx be somehow configured to do such thing?

Although, I see it rather tracks players and kills than wins and maps.

EDIT: I see some plugin discussion on logging other events than just the usual ones for other source mods
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=897277?p=897277

Coming from this FAQ on hlstatsx: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1842517&postcount=17

Maybe it can be somehow done like that?

Example: Age of chivalry made a plugin to track their custom events https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=888867?p=888867

"These plugins give the ability to track many things not natively logged by the game in log parsers such as HLstatsX:CE, Psychostats, and others."

I wonder how hard could it be to just rewrite into empires events

And I guess you could do the thing I always wanted for hlstatsx about direct shot mortars counting as a headshot with this. xD

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  5. ImSpartacus

There has to be some trigger that the server can pick up on.

Take a look in the console during a typical game and it'll be obvious how the existing stats are collected. They literally just show up in line items.

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

7. ImSpartacus

It seems a bit roundabout to do it that way, but I'd imagine that's probably the best way to eventually have not-shit stats. Neoony, I thought I was over our stats situation, but you broke my heart all over again.

8. Neoony

Neoony Member

The more Iam digging the more I think its actually the only way to track other source mod games events with hlstatsx.

Now If I just had a list of all empires game events I might actually try implementing them, even though I have no experience with scripting like that.
    Anybody with some experience on this?

btw, I also wonder what all had to be done to have the current hlstatsx work for empires
    EDIT:
    I think the same thing had to be done to make the current hlstatsx on viper/epic work.
    Maybe if server admins released the files of hlstatsx to track empires and we can add other things to track and dont have to start all over?

9. ImSpartacus

I'm not sure if the recorded info has to be "public" at the time of the event.

If so, then we can't use that method to record info on really cool stuff like class utilization, weapon utilization and vehicle utilization.

Still, even just recording wins & losses for each match along with the map and the SteamIDs on each team would be tremendous. Like it would be a rather big fucking deal.

10. Neoony

Neoony Member

Iam not sure what you are talking about :D

I just know hlstatsx reads the log file and simply reads and assigns specific game events that its told to track (which you can add in those files I mentioned)

What you said should be possible by doing some scripting in those files.

But I could really use to get the files that are currently used for hlstatsx in empires.

Iam not sure if we actually have proper events for everything in empires, like vehicles stuff for example...who knows
    Iam not sure what you mean by recorded info being or not being public.

Examples:
    Something like this seems to be used to track who won in Nuclear Dawn

Code:
    HookEvent("round_win", Event_RoundWin);
    public Event_RoundWin(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
    {
        new team = GetEventInt(event, "team");
        if(team >= 2)
        {
            LogTeamEvent(team, "triggered", "round_win");
            LogTeamEvent(GetOtherTeam(team), "triggered", "round_lose");
        }

g_iBunkerAttacked[0] = 0;
        g_iBunkerAttacked[1] = 0;
        WstatsDumpAll();
    }
    Another question is how does one implement this into the web viewer thingy, or it will do this automatically? Or maybe there is some interface to configure it? Or php stuff?
    Lots of questions ^^

Btw
    Also, looks like this is how you get team list in Nuclear dawn:

Code:
    public OnMapStart()
    {
        GetTeams();
        // GetTeamName gets #ND_Consortium and #ND_Empire in release version -.-. Game logs with CONSORTIUM and EMPIRE translated
        strcopy(g_team_list[ND_TEAM_CT], sizeof(g_team_list[]), "CONSORTIUM");
        strcopy(g_team_list[ND_TEAM_EMP], sizeof(g_team_list[]), "EMPIRE");

EDIT: I think they used CreateTimer(1.0, LogMap); to track it a bit late after map starts, or I guess you could make it track at the end of a map
    I really have no experience in this, lots of stuff to figure out ^^

11. Neoony

Neoony Member

look at how Nuclear dawn stats work just by modifying that file

example hlstatsx: http://hlstats.wcfan.de/hlstats.php?mode=actions&game=ndsrv

they track lots of actions
    its kinda similar to empires

EDIT: I still however dont see any detailed map wins/loses, hmm
    Iam guessing hlstatsx just doesnt do this, as It the same for many other games

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

For map wins and losses Iam guessing we would have to use some different stats tracker.

It seems to work nice in GameME stat tracker. Example: http://stats.eufrag.com/maps/css

Unless hlstatsx can actually be configured to do the same.

EDIT: oh, but I guess this one is paid xD

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

What interface was it displayed in?
    Something like hlstatsx? or he made his own?

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It was his own. It just had each map in circulation (he had to add maps manually) and then the win statistics for it, nothing more.