Will the UK liberate itself from EU slavery today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Jun 23, 2016.

?

Should the UK leave the EU?

1. Yes

12.5%
  2. YES!

87.5%
  1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Dat joke potential here. Also Scotland, Turkey and Germany will make for a great EU.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Since when are yor replies genuinely funny?

A-z-K likes this.
  3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

flasche likes this.
  4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Idk where people are getting this idea that Turkey will get into the EU. There's certain requirements to joining that Turkey refuse to meet due to their backward-ass culture.

Plus no EU govt. is going to risk pissing of their electorate after all this bullshit.

5. Ranger

Ranger Member

35 requirements. 2 completed. turkeky is not getting in. scots and irish referendum to leave uk? kerks

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you dont?

7. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I got the idea about Turkeu from David Cameron when he said he would fight as hard as he could to let them get inside and that turkey was just as European as everything west of it.

Also when Merkel agreed to give them visa free travel to Schengen by August.

Erdogan just wants a good way to get Turks sending money back home and a very, very effective way to get Kurds to deport themselves.

8. flasche

on one hand everyone says "secure our external borders", "its the neighbor countries job to care for war refugees dublin" and "help at a local level*".
    on the other hand no one wants to cooperate with erdogan (an idea i fully support)

but you see how only one of the two can work at the same time?

*this is something i find funny the most. for decades we reduce funding for international development, "because it only costs" like all social investments that dont pay of immediatly.
    now we see the effects and everyone get this totally new idea of "if we help them locally they dont come". slowclap "western" society, slowclap

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

You are massively oversimplifying, we stopped giving money because they wasted it and used the money to build up militarily... Their culture (turkey) is not as civil and democratic as ours. Erdogan wants to relive the ottoman empire glory days and is building his private empire. Funding him would be just morally bankrupt

10. flasche

which is no oversimplification?
    wait what the above was about turkey? its an industrialized 1st world country, its the 18th largest economy, there are only 5 eu member states with a higher nominal gdp.
    also 2nd biggest nato member by force and 8th highest contributor financially (nato has 28 members)

we dont fund nothing, we pay them because people demand it without thinking about what they demand.

edit:
    also i meant decades, not centuries. international cooperation only just a bit over a century ago still meant "do what you are told or i make you a colony".

11. McGyver

[​IMG]

12. flasche

for you everything not occidental is genetically underdeveloped anyway.

and i wonder, you should love erdogan, he is the kind of leader you admire.

13. Space_Oddity

14. flasche

i am aware of that turkey is very close to autocratic, thus why said i dont get why mcgyver doesnt love it. such nuisances as human rights only hinder "das volk" to fully develop its potential.
    it was only in reply to blizzerd believing we pay development aid to turkey.

but i admit, first world was a bad term to begin with. should have said, "not as economically weak as you think".

15. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I just saw a headline referring to those who didn't vote and are upset over the outcome as having 'Bregret'.

The only conclusion I can make is that the world turned into a nursery rhyme or something and nobody told me.

flasche likes this.
  16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Maybe they'll get off that lazy arses and learn how a democracy works by the next general.
    All well and good blaming everything on old people until you realise that half those bleeding hearts posting nonsense on face book couldn't be bothered to go half a mile and tick a box.
    Anyway - at least the £ bounced (even if it cost £250b, at least we owe it to ourselves I guess)

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Just jumping in to say who cares about britain it's been an american colony since the suez crisis. The real deal is texan independance. I would be able to finally live my dreams of living in Texas and at the same time not living in the united states of america. I've got my F-350 ready to go just waiting on my gunrack to deliver.

Turkey is better at being Iran than iran is. If turkey wants to get into the EU they need to stop buying crude from ISIS.
    inshillah brother

18. McGyver

So which strategy will the leftists and other EU-cronies choose to ignore the democratic will of the people? Will they

a) demand that the start of exit negotiations will be postponed forever
    b) proclaim that the leave voters did not actually want to leave the EU and present multiple "experts" that confirm that
    c) claim that the margin of victory was too small and there should be another referendum
    d) all of the above

19. Space_Oddity

B and C are solid ideas that we are already using.

Also, using the word 'leftist' makes you seem like a twat. It's like right wingers are called 'fascists' or 'literally Hitler' and left wingers are called 'liberals' or 'loony lefties', etc.

Also, most of the things you say make you seem like a twat.

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I imagine the pound will fall a great deal over the next week, especially if S&P downgrade us. Right now it's probably just people catching the falling knife.