why was chris banned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PreDominance, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I went off about the same time you went on last night, and I'm East Coast so I probably go on 3 hours before you and go off 3 hours before you.

2. Empty

Empty Member

I wish I played more.
    But my god the players all piss me off.
    My teammates are always crap.
    The enemy is always stacked.
    I hate infantry weapons.

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Stacks occur less often, and you'd be surprised at how easy it is to lead your team to victory if you have a mic.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It sucks for me because I never have a challenge anymore. No matter what I do, every vet or moderately intelligent player joins my team. The other day, I joined at the end of the vote time. The other team had 3 clanners, we had 3. By the end of the match, we had about 8 and they had 2.

5. Empty

Empty Member

I have a mic.
    People are morons.

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Ur a moron. Leading people to victory is pretty doable.

And maybe you should do something about those stax there Trickster. Oh wait, none of them are BSID, so its cool as long as BSID isn't allowed to balance against your retarded clanner following to beat your face in ^^.

7. Trickster

Except the fact that there's 0 chance of BSID beating us, even if we were outnumbered 2:1.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

change nickmame
    change picture
    profit

also, humility failure

D:

9. Trickster

I know not of this humility.

Also, it's too much effort.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Let's see here, EPIC stacks 100% of the time and the admins (who are all biased basically) let it pass but ESBD does it at like 2 in the morning, and we distributed the players, and FN get's banned temporarily.

11. Trickster

And I opposed the ban, and had it removed, when VIPER isn't even my server, because it was unjust. Ask FN yourself.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Do I think the mod is dead? No. The sig does, but I'm too damn lazy to change that. I mean, the fact that you had OVER 9000! posts in the "omg the blackhole is gone" thread, as Kylegar pointed out, is evidence that it isn't hopeless.

I've not played in 2 years, and will play when I see it to be worth playing. That everyone is still stacking and bitching about stacking is why I won't play. That, and reading every other week that the guns were rebalanced. Find values and STICK WITH THEM. Jesus H Christ. I know it's hard, but changing it every release will just piss people off.

Basically, release something worth my time, and I'll play. But at current, Emp is not worth my time - not compared to stuff like BFBC2.

13. Empty

Empty Member

*raises eyebrow*

14. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I'd agree that Chris follows a rigorous chain of logic at times. It may sound intelligent but he still doesn't consent to others opinions on colors despite him being color blind. Chris is a good voice to have, but not a complete authority.

15. recon

recon SM Support Dev

This thread is absurd...

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Welcome to empires.

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I guess trickster was right, all the modelers we get here are scared away by constructive criticism.

18. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

The admins will never leave FN alone.

Well, maybe now that some of them share tag with him.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

We won't all join the same team FN did like bsid always seemed to do. I was playing with him the other night and we had great even matches with like 4 jpls on both sides. It was a lot more fun then 8 bsids on one team vs some noobs.

You guys would then rush jeeps for 30 mins just making the game a complete joke. We actually try and make games good and close so when you lose you actually still have fun.

20. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

No, I actually try to make the games good and close. I don't consider "splitting in half" when there are 4 or more EPIC on one team and none on the other as balance. Case in point, the like first game I've played this week:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You are welcome to tell me how you splitting your members across the teams is balance. You are welcome to complain how you know a few faces on the NF team, blah blah match for the EPICs stack on BE, etc. Vicki in spec, no one else cares, and NF is getting raped in the ass, from the very beginning. I commed all game, they never had a chance, Yobbo was the only one able to hold territory, and held southwest valiantly against all odds, and everyone else on my team crumbled, because no one else was a good driver or shooter. No one else was aggressive or generally a threat.

Tickets were 20 to 95. No way we were going to win without quick, skilled, agressive action. I declared "Fuck you guys, I'm going to go win the game", got out of the CV, designed an APC, rushed BE comm past walls and turrets and infantry and tanks, gave my team plenty of instruction for killspawning, and we held strong in BE base right next to BE rax and raped BE with 9 tickets left vs. 90.

You can tell me how the teams were balanced, tell me how there was skill on both sides, or this particular noobie is good or that particular noobie is decent, etc. but you would be wrong. In the end, it comes down to leadership, tactics, strategy, and that was all on BE, and they had map control of everywhere since 30 seconds in the game. That doesn't happen in balance. So piss off with you admins who think you know balance. You wouldn't know balance if it pissed in your eye and called you a whore.

FN198 never broke the server rules this latest ban (Vicki and everyone else admits, they didn't even care about what actually occured, because nothing did). Everyone judged him on something he said to others in private. Banning people on GOSSIP is DISGUSTING, permabanning on gossip is just plain cruel. BSID was fair and balanced that night, but it was all ruined by the need to dig up scandals and make up threats. Take your drama, and shove it up your ass.

I balance by obvious skill in strategy and game, which seems to be beyond the likes of you, and the rest of the admin team, since 2009.
    I administrate based on what is done, not by what gets around the grapevine.
    I know that EPIC and JPL stack all the time without punishment or persecution.
    FN198 knows too.

Enjoy the drama.