Why is mod so anti engineer ?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by mcthugg, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Seriously....Most maps restrict placing turrets, ammo, and cameras. Not once on any map has it said can not use hide here or can not drop mines here.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

because lvl3mgs are overpowered and obviously it was an easier fix to just limit it everywhere then altering the turrets values :sarcasm:

the turrets should get some dev attention before the next release. buff ml dmg, nerf mg range ...

3. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

I would be happy with removing placement restrictions. people wounder why their is never any engineers reviving....it's kind of retarded to go engineer when all you can do is revive and can't place turrets or walls.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

what flasche said
    also you cant place mines on octagons

walls/turrets are disabled on district because it's even worse with them.
    if it makes you feel any better, mootant told me months ago he was going to re-add walls to urbanchaos.

5. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

umm... yes you can just have to jump

but nade spam is so much better ?
    If the engineer class is nerfed any more they should be renamed medics.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  6. complete_

complete_ lamer

gud 2 no

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You can't place mines on buildables if you're standing, hence the jump. Try placing them on Slaughtered bridge without jumping.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

so the only map you play on is district?

10. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

most of the maps restrict building areas. and it's bs. engineer is the most nerfed class.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Engineer is required to win, you haven't played much if you think otherwise.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

most maps? nerfed? Have you ever played this game or engineer?

13. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

when their is that stupid fucking restriction of where you can't place turrets and can't upgrade. No other class is restricted so why is engineer ?

14. Apex

Apex Member

Turrets will only be found restricted on infantry maps and certain choke points or small areas. Levels are usually restricted to 2/1 Because 2/3's range is fucking ridiculous for a map with no tanks and with level 3s you can die in seconds because of level 3 spam. Some maps wall removal is left over from when walls were [near]immortal.

15. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

If people can mortar and nade spam why no lvl3s ? Maybe cuz most devs that actually play normally don't play as engineer.

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

3-4 lvl3's will kill you in .5 seconds... enough to jump out from behind a corner and say "ohh sh" and your dead.

17. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

But 2 mortars and the lvl3 is gone

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

so you're saying that gren doesn't suck to play? I always run out of ammo when I am in a dangerous zone, I can't simply throw a box down or a turret to save my ass. Also mortar reload times are horrible compared to smg reload times (and smg clip size).

19. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

it's a result of maps and developing being decentralized. some maps need these things restricted in order to be playable, be it through the evolution of the game around the map, or because the mapper is a fucking knobgobbling retard.

also

ffs, you once quoted me and added capitals to my post, consider this my rebuttal:

[​IMG]

maps are often tested thoroughly by people far more qualified to judge them than you are, fyi.

20. Empty

Empty Member

lolololololololololol

Engineer is by far the most powerful class, he can do anything and multiplies the effectiveness of every other player in a 20 meter radius by about 10.

Ammo, revive, heals, repairs, none of these are ever restricted, and they're probably the most powerful abilities any class has.

A team of engineers can win fine.
    A team of scouts will almost always lose.
    A team of riflemen has a minute chance of winning off the initial infantry push.
    A team of grens will lose.

Engineers are not just extremely powerful, they're a vital element of any teams makeup, to the point where a team with less than 40% engineers is severely hurting itself. A squad of infantry without an engineer will nearly always lose to one with an engineer, and you won't even be thinking about building tanks if your team has no engineers.

This is a stupid thread, I'm locking it because everyone knows engy is the best class, and the restrictions are on a map to map basis and aren't a part of the overall games balance, if you think a map is unfair, discuss the map with it's creator. Don't come bitching to us.

Restriction brushes aren't to nerf engineer, they're to make maps playable with engineers.

And people bitching about turrets should realize how terrible turrets would be on commander maps if they were any less powerful. Currently level 3s are awful unless on district, they're mildly effective at best on comm maps and useless at worst.

Any other restrictions is purely to prevent gamebreaking placements, there's a lot of places you used to be able to get underneath maps because you can use walls to climb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.