Which official classic map do you like most?

Discussion in 'General' started by gezor, Jan 5, 2009.

?

Which official classic map do you like most?

1. canyon

12 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. crossroads

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. duststorm

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. isle

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. money

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. streetsoffire

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. cyclopean

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. mvalley

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  9. slaughtered

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. communism

communism poof

Canyon, Slaughtered, Mvalley

Oh and emp_maze

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

duststorm. come on, it has by far the best tank battles, and it's totally non linear.

3. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Where's the love for Cyclopean? It's balanced, it has varied terrain and architecture, and it tends to be fairly different from game to game.

Cyclopean is the only map you never, ever see anyone complain about. Slaughtered has nasty chokepoints; Crossroads is a turret-fest; Mvalley is rush north all the time, while Isle is rush NW and rocketsnipe. Duststorm is too big and flat and visually unappealing. But Cyclopean is basically perfect.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  4. o_O

o_O Member

Cyclopean, because its nice mix of strategic locations, urban warfare, and undefendable res points in the middle make for good games.

Like strategy? Rush NW. Like infantry combat? Rush city. Like 1 v 1 duels, ref killing, wall building, aquatic warfare or getting sniped? Mess around in middle.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Which does not mean win.

6. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

I really, really like Cyclopean. It's really balanced, varied, interesting to play and look at. I've had a lot of epic rounds on Cyclopean, and it's the map on which I usually have the most fun.

Slaughtered is a close second, but it really does have some balance issues. Canyon is meh, I can take it or leave it. Same with mvalley.

And I don't mind Streets of Fire at all. It's probably my third favorite map.

7. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Bad answer

8. Cloud

Cloud Member

I like Slaughtered since the fights are often somewhat balanced.
    I'm not much for the 2.21 version though, too dark.

9. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

As the crazy ninja i am, i vote for cyclo.

10. gezor

gezor Member

lol slaughtered wins :confused:
    slaughtered is always the same: first a big stalemate and then cheap arty/nuke whoring. thats just boring. no room for other strategies/tactics. and textures are horrible.

i should have made the poll public, so that every1 sees who voted for waht ...

11. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Technically the bridge on slaughtered can be used (I made a thread about it a while back.) Logically you would expect the bridge to help one team or another -- and yet, no matter which side I'm on everyone always yells to never build the bridge.

It'd be interesting, from a map-design standpoint, to try and figure out what's wrong with the slaughtered bridge... I think it was originally intended to be the maps' "main" battleground, but it usually just gets ignored, even though logically you'd expect it to be much harder to wall off and defend than the side route.

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

The issue with the bridge is that unlike the passes, you can't cover it well and allow friendly vehicle passage. If its up, and the enemy breaches, their likely behind you. A good tactic I have found is to arrange a rush, get the vehicles to the bridge, and then start grenade spamming the bridge to drop it once they cross.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

O.o You realize you can drive up the ramps right?

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I know that. But in the passes, you can get defences in the actual route, instead of on just the end points. On the bridge, you cant do anything but walk/drive on it. All defences have to be on the end points, limiting what you can do to defend it while still allowing good vehicle passage. With the new handling, its fricking hard to do the ramps, for NF at least. I have seen so many LT's flip.