When will the USA get bombed? (Or how will USA run from now.)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cyber-Kun, Feb 12, 2007.

1. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

As each nation/empire/country falls. It destroys itself from the inside.
    Capturing the minds of youth, leads to less of an education. A person can only truly be taken over, is if he/she lacks an education. The comfort, the laziness, the luxury, are factors in capturing minds. Control over minds is key, same thing to Drug Lords. Corruption of leaders and so-called glass people who work truly for themselves, will ultimately leave the majority of peole astray.

This is my opinion on the future. ^^

2. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Working a long time may be working hard, but it isn't necessarily the only variable in the equation. What an Asian sweatshop worker can do in twenty hours, an American could probably accomplish in ten or fifteen. The difference is, though, that the Asian sweatshop worker is willing to work longer for less direct and indirect pay, as well as under crappier conditions.

Now, I know you're set in your opinion, but I can remember a textbook in my past that had some funky graph. Essentially, some economists did a study where they figured out about how much the average worker from a bunch of different countries could ACCOMPLISH per hour. The USA had damn good worker efficiency. I don't believe it was number one, but it was damn close to the top. I believe the only other Asian countries/entities that were anywhere up there on the list were Japan and Hong Kong.

Again, the only reason sweatshops exist is because they're monetarily efficient, not time efficient. Of course, you can fix the time problem simply by hiring more people, and still come out being more profitable.

What?

Not necessarily true. While it may be true that China is doing that, remember that America became a world power even before it had a serious government spending problem. It is entirely possible to create a superpower economy without the government tossing money around. All the government has to do is set up a proper, liberal capitalist framework. If you're wondering what a liberal capitalism would be, then you need to learn what is and what isn't capitalism.

And no, I don't mean liberal as the political term it has become. Most modern liberals I meet are brainwashed.

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Okay, now that I have time to respond to this (had to leave for my char moogling class):

Please, please, please, please, please proofread your posts before hitting the submit button. Either that or pass 9th grade English.

Seriously, just skim what you wrote?

Actually, this isn't a good example at all. The advertisements were up in something like seven cities, and only the Chicago authorities reacted in such a manner. Furthermore, like you said, they were up for two weeks before they were reported by a single person. Statistically, this was an extremely isolated case that got out of hand due to incredible hubris.

You quote someone as describing the advertisements as "terrorist like." I heard no such thing. I heard them described as dangerous hoaxes, but not as being "terrorist like."

Also, they only blew up the one. Doesn't exactly make it a lot better, but I mean, your main argument was based on that, so...

Really? I eagerly await your documentation.

Wait, the article was idiotic? The same boat as you?

Which boat are you again?

Bashing the system for the sake of bashing the system makes you just as much of a tool as the authorities in Chicago or any other authority you're bashing for being a tool.

4. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

It's nice to know I wasn't the target for Dumpster's rip.

Phew.

5. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

ya, I dont think any would rip on me for my lil opinion, cause its most likely true >>

6. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Oh really?

Not true at all. Very educated people in Nazi Germany (LOL, GODWIN'S LAW) went along with the ideology being pushed as a "solution" to Germany's woes. Normal, educated people are completely capable of being caught up in furor.

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Phew!
    I'm still dodging it so far!

8. Jn.

Jn. Member

Yeah, I think people can easily be taken over in times of crisis and they are desperate for a solution.

9. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Ya, but truly the whole of Nazi Germany, wasnt truly taken over. So you can't speak for them as a whole, only those desperate for the solution, but if I think about it, they might have had a corrupted education which allowed the forced solution on them. Cause there were germans who resisted the nazi belief. <<
    But to truly take over something as a whole, not just parts or majority, you have to capture the minds -=p

mind control devices. -=)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  10. sgman

sgman Member

Europe is falling apart (not so much Britain).

1. Very low birth rates.
    2. Dying medical system because of government health care and such
    3. It is being taken over by the religion of Islam because the governments promote atheism and Islam seems to stay to its roots well. So it is the only thing that is left. This religion then forms societies and groups (not all of them) that are very volatile and dangerous. (I can remember some riots a while ago).

Now to the U.S.A.
    I do live here, I think we are doing more to help the world then any other country in the world, and that our economy is doing just fine. (California alone has the 5th largest economy in the world).

1. No matter what you hear, our economy has been growing and growing. It recently hit its highest point ever.
    2. We give more money to help the poor then any other country in the world
    3. If it wasn't for the United States Europe would be speaking German.

11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I sense flames coming...

QUICK! TO THE BUNKERS!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  12. Ganks

Ganks Banned

I dont know what to say without sounding insulting. I dont mean to be rude by any means. I just want to make a point... I understand you've been around the block and have seen much I haven't but you speak as if their lives are completely ruined. Would it be too bold of me to say that they, and perhaps we ourselves, think that it is our fault?

How are we responsible at all? The cause of this civil strife has nothing to do with Desert Storm or any american or pro-american intervention in my eyes. This is a religious fued dating back centuries before "the americas" ever existed. The ones you say have an legitimate reason to strap bombs to their chests--the ones who have mouths to feed--are no different than any other hard working american, or canadian, who works their 9 to 5 day to day with a kid, or two, barely making it by on petty wages. And if they lose their jobs? Im sorry, I phrased that wrong... There are those that HAVE lost their jobs and there are those that WILL lose many more. There are those factory workers who got their pink slip after many years of service and labor never to recieve a pension and barely getting a damn thing on social security. This HAS and WILL CONTINUE to happen until someone does something other than glance over it.

I must apologize. I phrased that slightly incorrect once again. Just recently a bank opened up a new office downtown creating 100 skilled jobs. A skilled job, as you probably know, is one you've recieved an education for, if you were wondering. These jobs probably wont be filled by anyone here because the ones with money, theyre the ones on disability or social security and retirement pensions, arent much in a suitable condition for skilled labor. So those jobs come in from out of state and overseas. While currently the cost of living is at an all time low that also reflects the quality of life. Accross this great nation everyone else is seemingly so ignorant of there are many cities barely a half a dollar over or under the rest. The only places you have with a decent economy are places like New York City and the cost of living in New York City is completely insane if you werent born into money or you are not a soldier recieving an allowance based on your location.

So you have millions of people just as poor as most Iraqi. Sure, we dont have guns to our heads... or do we? Hell, I just read in the paper where some guy walked right into my old High School and raped a girl taking a piss in the bathroom. Well I am sure they dont have all the commodities that we have... or do they? They have cell phones. I see them talk on them all the time on the videos I watch on CNN whenever Im bored enough to turn on the television. Which means they have the towers to support them. That means they have corporate sponsorship creating jobs because those towers dont fix themselves.

Who is worse off? The man with a bomb with his chest lying his stupid ass off claiming he has mouths to feed when in reality the whole world knows its all about penis-envy... or the child who eats grilled-cheese every day on a dirty pan because his parents are too poor to afford dish soap. Sound unrealistic? Think again. Thats exactly how I grew up. I grew up and out of poverty.

While it made me who I am, and I have no regrets, I will not allow you to belittle this country or your own. You, of all people, should know better. Not everyone has a warm loving family posting on their blogs because they are loved and supported and not every state gives a damn if you go to college or not. Mine doesnt. I pay insurance straight out of my ass well into 4 figure sums im in debt for the past year and I cant even move if I wanted to because Im paying so much upkeep and even if I did every other city like mine is just that--exactly like mine. Ive done the homework on cost-of-living. Ive seen and talked to people and heard from their experiences. I didnt just sit in front of a television watching TV and I didnt base my observations on my own biased opinion.

Im sorry, I respect you, but you kinda pissed me off. Im not flaming you though. Sorry if it seems like I am. You have my respect. But be careful what you say. When your sight goes right over our own issues you disrespect every hard working person on this side of the americas. Including my mother.

But you wanna know what pisses me off even more than what you just said? When I turn on the television and see my local news at a job fair on a college campus that has more foreign students than almost every other college I know of, that you cant get into unless you're "somebody", tell us all how many jobs there are and how we are all actually lazy and none of this is happening. Hell, if I didnt live it even I would be convinced...

This isnt about oil. This isnt about freedom. This is about penis-envy. George W. Bush wants to show the world he has a big penis. He has all the latin girls screamin, "MUCHO GRANDE!".

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  13. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Right, because we aren't bothering to try to pay off our massive debt right now. Our generation is going to be the one stuck with the bill, and it is going to fuck us over something fierce. Furthermore, while corporations are indeed making record profits, the middle class is disappearing and the gap between the rich and the poor is widening. People of low socioeconomic status are losing a much greater percentage of their income to taxes than the rich, and our industrial sector is being shipped overseas as fast as possible, which wouldn't be so bad if unions had not spent many years fighting to make it a viable source of employment all the way to retirement (jumping back to the diminishing middle class problem - people had banked on their retirement packages from the sector, and as the sector shrunk in the U.S., they were left without retirement money and with no other sources of unskilled labor that would provide them with a means of retirement. I heard a suggestion that we unionize the service sector and transform that like the U.S. did the industrial sector decades ago, making it viable employment for other people than High School students, but corporations like Wal*Mart are fighting tooth and nail to keep that from ever happening).

Yes, but do we give the highest percentage of our incomes? What you say there sounds like a very misleading statistic.

Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me.

Get out.

Get out now.

14. davee magee

davee magee Member

lol dumpster_fox i could be nodding my head more (or it would fall off)

15. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

There's some truth there, whether you like it or not.

Look up the United States' production figures.

Japan built it's World War II air force up over somewhere between five years and a decade. Six hundred or so planes, maybe more. That was, to them, full war-time production.

We matched them in six months. While we were still gearing up.

Numbers don't lie. England and the USSR MIGHT have been able to defeat Nazi Germany with the US completely (as in no trade, no financial aid, nothing) out of the picture. That's a big MIGHT, there. But history is history, and isn't what we should be discussing right now.

Right now, we should be discussing economics.

IMO, let's export our unions to all corners of the Earth. Marx-style. That'll fix that job exportation problem.

16. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

True, but it's kinda the equivalent of saying, "How would you like it if Hitler killed you?" It doesn't really have any bearing on the argument whatsoever, and really only serves as a Chewbacca Defense. Furthermore, the fact that the U.S. greatly aided a just cause seventy years ago does not exempt it from any criticism whatsoever in the present. And if you really want to get into it, Hitler was over there genociding it up for quite a bit before we decided to amble over, and even then we had to be directly attacked first.

What about China, where a lot of the jobs are going? I have a feeling that some of the more powerful union representatives would just up and disappear.

17. davee magee

davee magee Member

Pls note than i refered to 'germany' as the nazi's in this, im sorry but i cant be arsed to change it. i dont think that the germans are nazis. so please dont take it that way :)

ive highlightd the parts i think are a bit dodgy in there...

firstly... 'while we were gearing up' american waited wayyyy to long to help out, and when they did, they didnt do much. only sending less than a quarter of of there armed forces, many off not even seeing the front line.
    This is down to profit. simple as. while europe was dieing. america was lineing its pockets by selling us stuff at exagerated prices. (my turn to say it now; 'There's some truth there, whether you like it or not')

i found that quite frustrating when people say that we wouldnt have won the war without america, which leads on to my next under line.
    'MIGHT have been able to defeat Nazi Germany with the US completely'...BUll shit...simple as. i cant be arsed to explain why your so wrong... sufiice it to say that germany ran out of food in the second half of the war (when trenches were up). Which forced them to make a last ditch a attempt that failed...simple as.

18. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

19. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I've been warned time and time again in scholarly circles that such a statement simply means that you don't have sufficient evidence to prove your point.

Depends on your definition of powerful. Has-a-following powerful, or mafia powerful?

Yes. A veritable conveyor belt stretching from our ports to Britain's ports isn't much at all. So much shipping tonnage that Hitler's feared state-of-the-art submarine forces couldn't even dent it is barely a noticeable feat. Also, check out the lend-lease act. Educate yourself. We supported ALL fronts heavily, for pennies on the dollar.

See also.

And finally, I never did say that America's involvement in a nigh-seventy-year-old war had anything to do with modern moral mobility. I'm just a bit tired of people claiming the United States did nothing, when we kept things propped up.

A two-legged table has a hard time standing.

20. davee magee

davee magee Member