Whats wrong with my tank?

Discussion in 'General' started by PJB, Aug 2, 2006.

1. PJB

PJB Member

Ok i was in our server just now, and was preparing another classic PJB tank rush.

this time i decided to get light tanks out as the enermy where holed up at the north with nowhere to go.

thanks to my commanding i'd managed to get allmost every refinary, and with the help of BSID the map was ours..

so i started pumping out my tanks, they where as follows

Light tank MK1: two layers of plain armour on all sides except the rear, that had one.
    primary1: cannon
    primary2: missle
    secondary1&2: chaingun

Medium Tank MK1: one layer of plain armour on all sides except the front, witch had two.
    primary1: twin cannon
    primary2: chaingun
    secondary1: twin missles

Medium tank MK2: full ractive armour on the front and sides, with a reduced amount on the back, and phase 3 engines
    Primary 1: cannon
    primary 2: cannon
    secondary 1&2: chaingun

the upgrades where done litteraly as i reserched them.
    as per normal my tactic was " now they are stuck in a corner they cant escape from, build 15 tanks, get everyone in them, and watch the enermy die in horrible pain from a tank rush "

however some guy called 'professtional noob' who i know from experiance is good at ground combat but cant drive a tank to save his life started complaining the weapons where grouped poorly, i immediately checked i had definately group them all.
    Turns out he was complaining the weapons where grouped in such a way as to inhibit their use, but where all availibe. and complained about the armour, dispite the fact no more armour could be added to the tank without it going overweight.
    the same applied to all the other tanks.

BSID vlade and 'proffstional noob' then decided to drive the tanks into the water destroying them before anyone else could get it for fun... then before eventualy using mines to flip the comm and causeing our side (the NF) to lose, dispite only a minite before people on the other team decided to say things such as 'GG we lose' etc..

the tale is a cautionary one... never trust your troops not to flip you!

and also for my future reference, What is wrong with my tanks?

2. Thor

Thor Member

.....lol, And these are the guys we will be playing against saturday? You can use full armor on light tanks with any armor type... and plain armor absolutely sucks.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  3. PJB

PJB Member

aww, comeon, tell me whats wrong with my tanks... that way i wont get flipped next rush.

4. Vlade

Vlade Member

ur commanding? lol...... We APC rushed, ^^ then we needed tanks to finish em off and u were pumping out crappy NF tanks lol.

and and 0 research the entire game :P

Edit: o and 0 base defense :P For the entire game :P

5. Simon

Simon Banned

Dude
    For lights most people like

Primary 1 2: Cannon
    Secondary 1: Missile
    Secondary 2: CG

And you can get 2 layers on each side with a light tank. With like 200 weight to spare.

6. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

just wait for the match and stop the pointless abuse

7. Jn.

Jn. Member

Maybe you should ask your team what they want, and if it isn't completely unreasonable build it for them.

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I've made that mistake before, I just don't customize stuff for people as comm. There are better things to do like being the eyes and ears for your 'mates. You most likely THOUGHT you grouped them, but forgot. I've done it, and in critcal situations. That's when I gave up as comm. Now I'm the really-important-engymedic-with-revive guy :D

9. PJB

PJB Member

There was no need for base defences as i was keeping an eye on our base and we had plenty of people there.

secondly the reason so little reserch was done was due to the fact i was simply waiting for someone to build the radar, witch i belive was bsid simon.

and i definately grouped the weapons, and whats the difference between having a cannon on primary 2 and not?

10. FarleShadow

FarleShadow Member

This shit pisses me off no end, you've got a tank, Yes its got crappy armor, yes the groupings aren't to your liking, but as long as it fires and can take alittle bit of damage its fine. Driving your own teams tanks into lakes because you 'Don't like the comm/tank setup' is the most retarded thing I've ever heard, certainly a kickable offense.

To conclude:

Put up or shut up.

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

We don't drive tanks into the water if we are upset that the comm didn't build to our liking.

We drive tanks into the water when we can't shoot out of them. Especially when it's a paper tank with no guns. I'd rather have a jeep.
    gg

12. thaile

thaile Member

I like this setup too. The reason for cannon on primary 2 is so that you can take care of buildings without having to switch. For example with your setup you're shooting an engineer with the mg and he places a turret you have to switch to shoot the cannon to take out the turret then switch back to shoot the engineer, and so on.

13. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i like cannon - 1 p
    missiles - 2 p
    mg 1&2 s
    this way i always have a mg for them pesky ground troops, even tho i cant hit em 1/2 the time cuz i cant aim low enuf.

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Anyone think that you should be able to aim just a little bit lower? its a pain in the ass shooting things when the terain isnt straight... and even a slightest hill can make you over shoot by too much..

15. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i do..........................

16. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Same here. Tanks should definitly be able to aim lower. (Low enough to be able to hit any infantry that arn't "right" beside you.

17. Revolver

Revolver Member

You were NF? Then what the hell were you doing with paper thin mediums? If BSID had infact grabbed all those refineries for you, and you had no armor, no engine, and barely any guns, what were you doing as Comm?

NF
    Get Adv Coolant and Absorbant Armor.
    From there your LTs will have CG, Missile Launcher, and standard Cannon.

Ignore Mediums and heavies until you get artillery. The game should be over by now.

If your foe is sentient, I suggest then afterwards getting Death APCs (add that to the sticky). Physics->Projectile->Heavy Machine Gun. Follow this with Phase 3 and Reflective armor. This will protect your LTs and Artillery, and provide as a forward spawn point.

If you were BE, get mediums. Dual cannon with absorbant and advanced coolant, link the cannon to 1st gun, primary and secondary fire so you can alternate. Does as much damage as an HE cannon, but you can mix, match, possibly miss, and still kill tanks.

18. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

1) Revolver, he said that they didn't have a radar and noone built it when he placed it...

2) I hate how you can't aim low enough or high enough...

-Sheepe

19. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I agree that some of the tanks should be able to aim lower. If you fire your MLs or cannons that close, it's your own damn fault for blowing yourself up.

20. Chahk

Chahk Member

It's not about blowing yourself up, it's about giving infantry a chance to hurt you if they managed to get "under" your guns.