Whats new in the workshop.

Discussion in 'General' started by Awrethien, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Hay been gone from the board for a while on account of being deployed to Iraq, but Ive finally gotten an internet connection that doesn't time out every 5 seconds. Was wanting to see whats new in Empires. Looks like Krenzo has added some new code help, but where did he take of to? From what I can see it looks like most of the things are being done under the hood. Changes like map support, multi-theading or, dual-prerequisite research. All very nice. I saw a few things in the art section about new models for the NF barracks, radar, and a BE AFV. Hopefully something will turn out from them. Did I miss anything else that has happend in the past 4 months?

NOOOO I can download the newest patch but damn Sat. connection gives me a 800 ping.So much for that... :(

2. Empty

Empty Member

Krenzo went off to make his own mod. "Smashball"

The OB Particle system has been put into use, and we're working on fancy new effects.

A lot of people are attempting to redesign empires' art.

Dev members are coming and going all the time.

that's basically it.

3. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Hello! I happen to be one of those people doing art! (Or used to), we've made some serious advances. You should, and need to see these new maps.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Krenzo handed development off to the team, the team is now doing things without a clear lead dev, though the current "lead dev" is the lead coder, Kane.

It's really been split up into groups, each focusing on their own part, and getting things done. I guess you could say that new developments have stopped, and the game is just receiving some midlife polish.

Mostly because they want it released on steam.

5. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Krenzo passed it to FalconX, who passed it to me, and I passed it to CB, who passed it to Kane.

Development is continuing, and Aircraft are being actively worked on (more than before)

6. Empty

Empty Member

Are you back now kylegar?
    I thought you left. You seem to be working again though. What happened there, I missed the show. Did you tape a copy of "Empires" for me to watch?

7. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

to quote my post on the dev forum:

8. Jonat

Jonat Member

From God to Kane to Seth. :P

9. Empty

Empty Member

My tester privileges got wiped, so I couldn't read it ._.

10. o_O

o_O Member

Development wise, what the above posters said is going on. Mostly technical stuff, and lots of support for future features and map gimmicks. A bunch of good custom maps are out and some of the crappy custom maps have gotten less crappy. A bunch of official maps are getting balancing and fixes. Also I hear there has been some testing of armed skyjeeps.

Also, some people have figured out the console command to buy aircraft factories. Piling them on top of eachother for the lolz or to climb on top of the map is the in thing to do now.

Balance wise things have continued to incrementally improve. High Explosive and Standard cannon had a baby, named it the IStdCn and gave it to BE so AFV beats Light Tank now, but its close enough to come down to skill. Physics dominates everything all the time because every other tree has an armor or engine or gun that blows except physics. Also reflective is composite but heavier and fission is just plain fun to drive.

Nachos died so now VIPER and ELC are the only servers with people.

As for drama just the standard stuff. Rage and counter-rage over team stacking, and nubs getting yelled at for being nubs.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Dude. Last mission, Seth said that to me. Fuuuuuuuuuu

I'm playing CnC gold, for those who don't get it or aren't in IRC

12. Omneh

Omneh Member

Max players got increased to 64, we now have a fully populated 63 (plus reserved slot) player server every evening known as the Empires Main Server in europe, with around 40 more people playing on VIPER and the ELC which are based in america.

Thats more than the majority of mods with steamworks support. :D

13. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Yes seeing the new maps now. Just wish I could play a match on them. Just checked and its showing 1000 latency.... Have to wait till I get back state side I guess. Well hopefully that will be a few patches down the road. :)