What is up with defusal not working.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nickierv, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Not sure if this is a bug, if it is, please move to the bug section.

Back in 2.22 when ninja mining was still possible by 1 person, the commander would set off mines even if they had defusal. At that time, I asked a few people about why it was not working, and they told me it was a bug with being in the command view and that it was going to be fixed in 2.23.

In 2.23, ninja mining was still possible against a commander even with defusal, even though there was spoused to be a fix included in the release.

In 2.24, with the increase in the strength of the CV, most people don't try to ninja, but defusal is still not working for the CV.

If there are any doubts on how to reproduce this, get defusal, get in a CV, I don't think it matters, but I know that the NF one will still trip mines, and drive over a couple of enemy mines.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Defusal doesn't work as commander all I know.

3. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

It doesn't work when you are in command view, as you are not in the vehicle then. It's the same thing as when you exit a moving vehicle on a mine field.

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

And for some reason, the commander seems to trip mines that are anywhere close to him.

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

Bugs go in the bugs forum. :|

6. Kamber

Kamber Member

That was probably a comm who never left the comm view when he was voted in. if you stay in the comm view and never drive it around, mines that are placed by the comm will be tripped as soon as then arm.
    I think it has something to do with there being no hand break engaged when you enter the comm directly without going through the driving view.

7. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I got voted in as commander for NF and started as engineer, did a bit of commanding, noticed that a few people where outside there base, and ran the over. The had dropped a few mines, but not enough to do much damage. A while later, I noticed a few more people waiting just outside base and figured that they where doing the same thing, so I got defusal before trying to run them over. From the few times that I diden't actually change my skill set, I double checked that I had defusal and proceeded to try to run them over again. I manage to run the first one over then hit the pile of mines and do a perfect barrel roll a good hundred feet in the air. I get back to base to repair my front armor and the three quarters hull that I lost and triple checked that I had defusal. I had defusal.

So
    Defusal + anything besides the CV + enemy mines = useless minefield.
    Defusal + CV + enemy mines = damage to CV.