Weird Words

Discussion in 'Support' started by bwmcmaste, Feb 22, 2008.

1. bwmcmaste

bwmcmaste Member

So I got a nasty message from my computer after I finished a very successful crash of Empires (2.12).

I got this message:

...And I got this one too:

Is it okay to be running Empires on Vista, or should I be running it in "Compatibility Mode", because this shit seems to happen all the time. I've re-installed, and re-installed, and re-installed, and these crashes are starting to really piss me off.

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

3. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

I got it on my old computer (without Wine, without vista). Did it happen when you used a bind key for emp_unstuck? Because during the beta test I would sometimes crash, I think with this error message. This simply happened anymore a few RCs later, Krenzo said that, judging from the .mdmp it was probably an engine bug.

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

II'm not at all familiar with C-languages.. but from what I've read it is a programming error that usually gets caught by the compiler..
    ofcourse theres no error here as noone else ahs problems. So my interpretation would be it's a problem with your interpreter..
    Does taht old pc contain an cpu with all the mmx stuff and ...

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Vista works fine on my computer with Empires

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Try reinstalling your source sdk base.

if the problem is occuring with the hl2.exe in your source sdkbase coding, there might be a conflict or improper file placement or something stupid.

Also, make sure that you're hard drive doesn't need to be defraged. Remember that virtual memory is run off of your hard drive, and if it is too full, it may cause problems.

So in short:

Defrag
    Reinstall Source SDK Base
    check hard drive space allocated to virtual memory.

7. bwmcmaste

bwmcmaste Member

I played it for four hours, and nothing went wrong. I'm beginning to think it might be a conflict with another program I was running.