[WEAPON] Melee Tank Killer

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zenarion, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

How about the super hl2 grav gun. YES?

2. Empty

Empty Member

I have admittedly always wanted to throw an ML at the NF comm.

3. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I want 3 of those babies, one for each hand and one on my dick.

*hip thrusts at heavy tank, making it explode*

You mean like a super sledge :D

D:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

i want monoblade AR plz

5. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I was reading this over, and right now it looks a little over-the-top. I actually support the idea of a melee weapon that can damage tanks, but not like this. Something like a super-sledge, or some kind of other custom melee weapon might work.

Additionally, I would recommend it be given to the scout only, to be chosen instead of his binoculars. The class deserves to be slightly better in melee, and a dedicated melee weapon would do that. That said, it still shouldn't 1-hit people, but 70(100 with melee upgrade) damage every 1 second at a good range would be excellent. Additionally, it would create the awesome tactic of sticky-stunning a tank then running up to it and smashing away with a sledgehammer.

6. zenarion

zenarion Member

Trolls trolling my thread.
    I was actually serious, hence the model sketch.

7. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I was serious too, giant power gloves are ridiculous and don't fit with the general theme.

8. zenarion

zenarion Member

Thanks, that is the kind of replies I'd want, not offtopic discussion of other stuff, that really doesn't tell me if this is any good of a suggestion or not.

9. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I highly disagree with replacing stickies with Hulk gauntlets.

This game does not have things even close to being that ridiculous. Even APCs that fire Plasma and Bio rounds that eat away armor are as ridiculous as "HULK SMASH"

Not only that, hitting a tank would do instant damage, compared to the sticky grenade that does damage later. that precious few seconds lets the soldier hide before detonation so that the tank does not then realize that it is under attack, then promptly run you over.

Continuing with that last statement, Melee range means you have to be touching the tank. as we know, the slightest movement means that you are dead, and a hulk fist will often times cause the slightest movement.

Enough said.

10. Wilko

Wilko Member

Don't have power fists then, have augmented gauntlets which send out nanites or a bio-engineered virus onto the hull severely damaging it. You could even have it set to a time-delay until it starts acting. The melee range downgrade would be offset by the non-limited ammo upgrade because there's nothing worse than missing the one sticky you needed to destroy the tank and then you're free to get rolled over anyway. With this you may get squished but at least you'll still have a chance right up until the end.

11. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Realistically, I don't believe this fits rifleman at all. He is efficient, he is military.

Scout, however, is clearly a nut who likes hitting things. Additionally, if this replaced binocs it would combo extremely well with sticky-stuns. I always felt he should be able to do something to a stunned vehicle, a melee weapon would fit perfectly.

Again, though, I think a sledgehammer fits more than power fists (really they would need to be power arms or something).

If someone was a particularly inspired artist, maybe it could even be something like a portable explosive 'lance' that takes a second or two to setup. Imagine something like a giant shell casing that he holds in his hand, he raises it up then slams it against the target causing a small explosion.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yes best idea ever! But tanks should fly like 50 feet after each hit. I want to see CV's getting punched into water with this!

13. zenarion

zenarion Member

So a bazooka?

14. Zaro27

Zaro27 Member

I'll never say no to more 40k.