We need to remodel the AFV

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gnar, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Gnar

Gnar Member

I think its time to remodel the ol' AFV. The most annoying vehicle in the game. The APC and AFV are identical except for the cannon, and probably some little antenna someone else will point out. I will come up with some concepts, but I cannot scan them in. I suggest we get something more that looks like an AFV and not an APC.

2. TheBoff

TheBoff Member

let me merely be the first to say /facepalm

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

i really think that *facepalm does not contemplate this thred. Hence time for the:

[​IMG]

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It got different wheels! :p
    But yeah, if you know how to do it, there's nothing stopping you.

5. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

I think a number of people have modeled new AFVs, the problem is it has to be setup server side to work properly in the game. If you make a shorter AFV, but the server still thinks it is shaped like a barn, and everyone else sees a barn, that doesn't really solve the problem.

I personally like the shape of the AFV the way it is. I'd rather that the AFV got compensated in another way for its odd shape. Equal but different produces more variety of game play than same-old. I think upping its hull health and giving it more weight is a fine solution.

I personally would have also considered giving it Infantry Ammo Regen like the APC has to capitalize on the fact that it has a great turret and four seats, but the HP buff could work fine on its own.

6. o_O

o_O Member

Since the "afv being able to look down" idea has been rejected, its only hope is for someone to make a shorter model that is so awsome it cant be rejected, yet so big and square that it fits the name Armored Fail Vehicle.

Also, more then one new AFV has been modeled, but as far as I know none have gotten textures or whatever other magic it takes to make it work.

7. zenarion

zenarion Member

Does anyone keep track of those models? I would love to get my dirty paws on some untextured AFVs.

8. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

the APC and AFV are supposed to be similar

if you're going to remodel the AFV you have to remodel the APC as well

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

why is that so?

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I thought hitboxes were made during modelling too?

11. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

or just change the storyline around it lol :p

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what is the story about it?

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no offense meant, but you really are conservative. as soon as someone suggest anything, you pop up and say, "no dont change anything, everything is good as it is, where it OBVIOUSLY isn't"

are you afraid of changes?

ps and no im not talking about my ticket thread, it something i started to notice about you. might be because im biased because of something i cant remember anymore, but really it feels like.

the SIZE difference between the AFV and the LT is an (the real) issue. NF get such a big advantage in early game, that the theoretic advantage in late game, BE is supposed to have doesnt exist anymore, because once decent lights are out, brenodi loses all ground gained so far. you simply cant hit a LT that rams you and unleashes its load in your side or back. this works even for medium tanks (ram them from the back, if you do it right you are blow them - it works with heavies too ...)

dunno, are you in the pug? there are 2 factions, stacked with experienced players, and it clearly shows, wherever brenodi doesn't have the chance to wall off chokepoints, NF wins ...

so plz, step back from your conservative view, change isnt all that bad :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  14. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

I'm far from conservative, I just see a lot of not so great ideas. :p

If it'd make you feel better you can find all my suggestions and nay-say them. I think you've already done it to one or two of them.

15. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

The server controls who gets hit and who doesn't, so if the custom models were only on your computer, you'd still get the same hitboxes as the brick.

16. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

The idea is to make a new official model.

17. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

Touché!

sry i probably was to frustrated because of LTs when i wrote that :D

19. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

What's with you people? I'm almost fucking done! I'm pissed and working like mad here! GIVE ME SOME CREDIT

20. Cloud

Cloud Member

In a bold move against established military doctrine, Brenodi field commanders issued a field modification of the standard APC to retrofit the turret with a short barreled anti-tank cannon, strip the rear wheels and replace them with readily available tracks from farming tractors and change the cargo configuration to allow for the cannon's ammunition.

Taken out of context from the wiki.