waypoints

Discussion in 'General' started by willvette, May 30, 2009.

1. willvette

willvette Member

I started this in Suggestions, the original idea of this started out as drawing on the mini-map, but found that adding waypoints to the Commander's "move here" command would be better. My questions are; How would adding waypoints affect gameplay? How hard would it be to add this into the game? and Do you think it will promote teamwork?

2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

still a suggestions topic in my opinion. It can be pretty annoying having to set waypoints as com, and most won't even do it and just spam attack commands while sending these orders over voice

3. FN198

FN198 Member

fn198 wants captioned waypoints

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Waypoints would be very useful. Also, the ability to mark both movement orders and attack orders would be greatly appreciated.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I assume by waypoints you mean it draws the actual route to take?

That'd be fairly easy with some more entities I suppose, you just put a waypoint node in each open area and it draws lines between them to your destination.

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

A good system IMO would be that every click adds a waypoint. So you could chain together move and attack orders (only on buildings, maybe vehicles, no infantry). Comm presses a key like space to remove the last waypoint on the selected unit. Hold space to clear all waypoints on selected unit(s). Ctrl+ Hold space to clear all waypoints if you want the whole team to redirect attention.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

would be nice if comm could add strings of text to them, for example 3 wayponts, last one is "enemy base" second one is "nade from here" and first one is "start walking maggot!"

kekekekekek :p

8. Alceister

Alceister Member

Commanding should be more about macromanagement. Resources, research, construction and all that. More often than not, micromanaging, as in issuing attack orders, can be distracting, and if an essential part of gameplay, makes comming difficult.

9. OuNin

OuNin Member

I like what ArmA did with making map markers with labels.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what about giving this "micro" management to the squad leader then? cause i really see this work wonders on empiresmod teamwork

11. FN198

FN198 Member

captioned waypoints...

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

then a +1 for your post i guess :)