WAR Z guest keys

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. Turtle, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

Hey dudes, I got like 3 keys here for anyone that wants to try this game out, they are only good for 2 days.

Ill pm those with the key who ask for one.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

have you played it yourself? Is it any good?

3. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Day z looks nice, but I'm not sure if my machine can handle it and I'm too busy with other games.

5. Reznov

Reznov Member

Can I has key? I really wanna see how it is.

6. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

sure ill send you one.

Just have 2 more left.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

These zed games aren't THAT great.

8. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

fix'ed

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I have a few as well. I was going to give them to Slade & Fooshi but I haven't gotten around to playing it much myself. Last time I tried, zombies couldn't actually move. It seems a lot more arcadey than DayZ. I've learnt a lot about the actual enjoyment of DayZ lately, in terms of general gameplay. It's quite interesting, and I know WarZ will have an effect on that. Most of you probably don't want a discussion but tough shit, I love discussing this kind of thing.

As a few of you know, DayZ has multiple maps now, even though it just started on Chernarus. Having played a few of these maps now, I feel pretty qualified to give an overview on these, and WarZ, in terms of what sucks and what's fun and what's "satisfying" from the games. On Chernarus, the map is pretty damn big. To enjoy Chernarus properly, you need to establish yourself. That is, get tents, build up a stockpile of stuff, etc. The high-gear loot can be pretty rare (on a private-hive server without hacker weapons everywhere) so when you die (with these weapons), it can be pretty soul destroying when they're hard to come by. If you have a stash behind you to re-gear, that's great. But having been playing on a private server, it's actually really difficult to establish yourself on these, so unless you have a large group who never all die at once, it's really difficult to have fun on.

On other maps, such as Lingor and Namalsk, military loot is abundant. Dying, whilst sucky, isn't nearly as soul destroying. You can get back into the game much quicker. The downside to this is the loss of satisfaction. When you really take someone (or a squad) down on Chernarus, you know the pain you're putting them through, and that makes it much more satisfying. But there's no real loss on Lingor or Namalsk, which means you don't get that same satisfaction. The game becomes much more PVP oriented, much less survival oriented.

Which brings us to WarZ. I haven't played much but I've read a fair bit about it. Firstly, you can play a non-hardcore mode, whereby your character doesn't perma-die. On top of this, you can also have (I think) a global inventory, which essentially can't be stolen. If you're playing on regular mode, you're never going to get the satisfaction that Chernarus gives you, but if you play on hardcore mode, I don't think you get the global inventory stuff. So essentially, you basically have a choice between playing WarZ Chernarus style, or Lingor/Namalsk style.

Not sure if this is going to mean much to anyone who hasn't played DayZ extensively, but DayZ is the only game I've put substantial time into since Empires, and I'm pretty passionate about it. I hope I haven't wasted my money on WarZ.

10. LawnNome

LawnNome Member

war z looks a lot cooler than day z, i was watching the latter on the tube of you and was recommended to watch war z gameplay. at first i thought they were the same but war z it planned to have many more features and seems to already have melee weapons added. i also like that as a stand alone game war z will likely get more players than a mod can.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

DayZ is coming out as a full game in the new year. WarZ actually has less features than DayZ, and the standalone version of DayZ will have proper melee weapons.

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

>Reloading axes