|:\\ vs -MEG- *funmatches* on emp_hobbes

Discussion in 'General' started by Devourawr, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

|.\\ vs -MEG- *funmatches* on emp_hobbes

While these games weren't serious, they were all so funny that I'm doing it anyway. With 6 Consortium members online it was a 6v6 on emp_Hobbes for 5 rounds.
    Posting in GD not clan discussion because they were fun games, not serious ones.

GAME 1:

MEG rushes with NF, and gain a strong foothold. BE don't even leave their base. Hobbes does some boomtanking, but realizes something must be up so flees. After some good baiting by the BE comm, he once again charges. Locked together like bulls, the commanders push at each other until Hbbes triggers a patch of mines. The mines happened to be under the BE comm at the time, and it blasts away like Team Rocket.
    1-0 MEG

GAME 2

Consortium did something even Hobbes didn't expect and all went Grenadier, firing rockets at the commander. It was over in less than 30 seconds.
    1-1

GAME 3

After some minor fighting and jeep pushing, Hobben falls to the lower levels. He takes many rockets to the face but holds on. Eventually, the BE commander joins him on the same side. Nearly all infantry parachute down there and fight. But Consortium didn't realize the lower levels can be destroyed, and sure enough their commander falls into the water, with Hobbes holding onto a pillar.
    2-1 MEG

GAME 4

Consortium decided to be smart asses and hide their cv where vehicles can't get to it via 9-mine. Hobbes boomtanks (who would have guessed) and gets mined off the map.
    2-2

GAME 5

The best match of all. Huge sniper fights, and plenty of rocket snipes to Hobbes. Hobbes decides to fall below again, at the same time that our rax was destroyed by Consprtium. But never fear, Hobbes had it in hand. He pushed the enemy comm into the water. Knowing the sweet taste of victory, we relaxed. Suddenly, it's over. Charlie Sheen killed Hobbes with a calculator, with the help of FN
    3-2 Consortium

Good games. Hobbes was really excited afterwards and discussed organizing games like that all the time. They were just for fun, not competitive.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

now u tell me what emp_hobbes is - or rather post me screenshots ...

... please :D

3. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Hobbes is a map made for boomtanking. Someone post screenshots, I'll do some if we get to emp_hobbes.

For those who havn't played:
    The down-low: Each team starts opposite each other with a stationary CV and 2 jeeps. Boomtanking, sticky stuns and grens are gold om this map. There is nothing to stop you falling below, but if you fall of either side you can land on a lower platform which is destructible. There are no refineries and no research, no VF's with only 1 barracks per side. It's an alternative to conquest and standard maps.

Now you know why it's called Hobbes.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  4. Krazer

Krazer Member

Sounds like a really horrible map.

5. FN198

FN198 Member

some clarifications:

in game four we mined our cv behind the boomtank pen so meg couldn't attack it. hobbes ran towards our base and scar's 9 mine knocked him over to the right and off the map.

myst aka charlie sheen got the calc kill not me in round 5 =P

the matches were fucking ridiculous (see match 3, i found my self suddenly falling straight down and looking up at the nf cv impaled on the remains of the bridge, 4 small pillars) and kind of fun too. its like an empires guilty pleasure, playing on gimmicky maps clan v clan

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  6. MedinaRegal

MedinaRegal Banned

Anyone have a download for the hobbes map? Searched the forums for it to no avail. A server keeps telling me it's missing.

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

The server is having trouble redirecting players to the fast-dl site and having them download all of the necessary files.

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Delete all the Hobbes related files in your empires directory, this fixes it for some people, as you can then dl it normally.

9. KayossZero

KayossZero Member

Yeah, good matches. I had a lot of fun participating and watching later on as the hilarity ensued.

10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Lol Hobbes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

80 fps. I'm jelly.

EDIT: If you still haven't tried it stop by Haven and I'll swap it over for you.