Virginia Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beerdude26, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

And I thought I was being blunt.

Yeah, he summed up what I said. Didn't explain much, didn't bother to point out that the EU is primarily an economic union, and didn't bother to mention that I don't think Japan was even ALLOWED to have a non-peace related military for most (if not all) of it's post war life, but yeah. What he said.

small correction-- I think the EU is 27 nations, not a dozen.

Again I point out that the US isn't so much a united series of "States" anymore-- that's an archaic term of our forefathers. If any of them saw the power our federal government had nowadays, they'd be rolling in their graves. Because the fact of the matter is, we aren't really indiviual STATES any more, if by states you mean seperate political entities. Like it or not, we ALL answer to the federal US government. If a draft were instituted, we'd ALL go. An attack on NY caused EVERY state to go attack Afghanistan, not just New York. Only half the country voted for Bush, yet EVERY state continues to support the executive branch. Again I parallel Britain's London bombings, or the Madrid bombings: you didn't see other EU military forces in either of these countries afterwords, and you SURE as hell didn't see the EU supporting the Iraq war like Britain did. Same issue; Each is a different country, so it's their business dealing with it. Yes, the EU has made security and international police investigations possible, but again, peacekeeping does NOT equal military might.

Oh, and goose, you really should read the article about the current EU head wanting to make a military to rival NATO within 50 years. (so soon?)

And I second the thing about economics. The reason our economy is going down the crapper is BECAUSE we have a huge ass military. If someone else wants to actually make an army to defend democracy, go right ahead. I wouldn't complain. Tell you what, YOU can attack Iran when they kidnap more British sailers and actually get their hands on a nuke. Have fun with that.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why the hell do we want "millitary might" to go and blow shit up? I'm proud that the EU has a peace keeping force instead of a "go, make that country 'better', kill a load of people and then let the politions take the wrap" force. No-one needs a war. There's a huge myth in america that there are terrorists out there that hate the US because they are just 'evil' or 'jelous of our freedom'. I can't believe anyone bought that excuse. the US is putting up with the anger that it itself has created in the world.

3. The Buttery Lobster

Clearly. Let me spell it out for you.

Statement: The world would be better off if Nazi Germany had won world war 2, then if the US had intervened.

Comparison of US to Nazi Germany:
    Nazi War Atrocity: SIX MILLION DEATHS. USA War Atrocity: 140,000 Deaths, as stated by YOU.

Yeah, so apparently, your version of the holocaust pins the number at 40,000, only a couple of dozen off the real number. Either you're a moron or a holocaust denier and an anti-semite, so which is it?

Cost of a theoretical bloody occupation and internal resistance by European anti-nazi forces if the Nazis won: equal or greater than current occupations in Chechnya, Iraq, or Afghanistan. Evidence? The very fact that Nazi Germany didn't relly on any sort of Geneva Convention in warfare. Like current conflicts at least PRETEND to. They killed who they wanted, when they felt like it, without giving two shits about laws.
    Cost of US occupation of Europe: NOT a bloody war of resistance and conflict. At least, that's the last time I checked. Maybe France had another civil war, and I wasn't paying attention.

Examples of other atrocities that might shed light as to how an authoritarian/totalitarian regime such as Nazi Germany might run it's country:
    Stalin, Mao Tse Dong, East Germany.
    Examples of how WE ran countries: West Germany, rebuilding Japan into an economic superpower. Which side had the land mine laden fence to keep people from escaping? Not us.

And as for insulting Europe, that's merely a statement of facts that Angela Merkel agrees with. Clearly, you didn't read about these posts either, so I'll spell this out for you too.
    Statement: EU miltary is better than US miltary.
    Conclusion: EU military does NOT equal US military. Go to the EU website, or just read my post, and you'll realize that. Or go read the latest press release from Germany.

Sorry if I confused you, I assumed I was talking to someone who didn't just post random shit and not even know what the discussion was about, then try and blame his ignorance/antisemitism on my "talking like a politician."

4. The Buttery Lobster

Oh, I'm with you 100% sandbag. Like I said before, our big-ass military is killing us by inches. But that's not what I'm defending; I'm defending the statement that Nazis would have run Europe better then the rest of Europe with our help.

If Britain wants it's soldiers to get kidnapped, it can get them itself. If Iran starts nuking it's neighbors, I say let the EU deal with it. But the fact of the matter is that the EU is probably NOT going to deal with it, because they don't have a military force.

edit:
    Oh, I just realized this. This is a juicy one, this is. Everyone read this.
    Gee, I'm sorry, next time I'll just spout out whatever I think of, and I wont bother actually citing any sources or defending my arguments with things that I don't make up. Clearly, that's what you did, so I guess I'm in the wrong.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Theres going to be a tunnel made linking Russia's natural resource rich south-eastern area with Alaska. They will go broke from the tunnel, then rich from the sales.

6. Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder Member

LOL this thread is getting nasty.

It is always U.S. vs. the world, well usually U.S. vs. Europe

GO USA!

7. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I guess why it's always U.S. vs. the World, because of all the: "LOOK AT ME I'M FROM USA! WE HAVE BIGGEST DICKS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!! LOLOLOL"-speeches that are full of self-righterous bullshit.

Action causes reaction.

You boast like a dickless moron, people think that you're one even if you wouldn't actually be.

8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I think this thread has gone on long enough :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.