Virginia Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beerdude26, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

You missed the point

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

First thing I thought of was *unreal voice* HOLY SHIT! M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!

p.s. Now that I said that does this instantly make this thread a black hole subject?

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it'5 a bit 5ick.

4. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Sadly I agree with most of you and I live in America. Fankly most people are scard sheep that do only what they are told or expected to do. Hell even in my grand fathers day if a guy lined people up and started killing the people at the other end of the line would know what was comming and try to fight back. Now every one expects some one else to do what is needed. I wouldnt go down withought a fight and if you threaten a friends life you had better hope I kill you.

5. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

I'm glad you've realized that.

Should at least.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

If you shoot 2 people on my block, you'd be a tenth way there.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

no and it happens everyday.. but its different when its on a school campus.. we had school shut down because someone had a gun once but he didnt even kill anyone..

and about euros being better... atleast we got clean teeth

8. Slithzerikai

I'm eating a bag of vegetables right now.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

You sure showed yurip.

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

An average of 88 people in the US die everyday from Gunshots or gun violence or some term that means the exact same thing. The thing is, you'll never hear about the other 56 people on national news. I'd still love to know the reason America is way more violent than Canada, two countries with very similar histories.

11. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Canada worries about Canada. US politicians think we are the worlds police. Plus maps can be misleading. Canada while close to the same land mass doesn't have nearly the population. Maybe with all that space there nuts go off and leave every one else alone...

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Newfoundland is kinda nuts i hear.

Weak corporatism mixed with high population density does sound like a recipe for disaster.

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

No one wants to live up north... Its too cold; so everyone gets as close to the south as possible.. (ie the American Border)

14. Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder Member

America was born out of blood and violence(US Revolution), Canada was not. I don't our histories are too similar.

Those damn American warmongers have been at war with someone pretty much through its history.

15. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Really, now? So the formation of Canada had nothing at all to do with the formation of the United States?

The seeds of Canada were planted in the blood of the American Revolution. Many Tories got shipped north after the Revolution, and that began Canada's tradition of national identity being "Not America".

Oh, yes, calling us warmongers is very nice. We didn't pick every war we entered, though I do admit we've been in plenty of wars. I found some website that lists twelve wars total. That's an average of a war every eighteen to nineteen years. Several of these wars were rather justified (revolution, 1812, WWII, Civil War, Enduring Freedom). Others are of an iffier justification, and have quite a darn bit of fault on both sides.

Some people like to quote the serious problem with drug use some cities in the US have. I don't know if that can account for everything, but it certainly accounts for something.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Niarbet, I just heard on the radio about how anti-americanism is on the rise everywhere, whether we deserve it or not, even in countries that are ususally our allies. I really don't think we're gonna get anywhere with this discussion, and you're not gonna change any hearts or minds... you just gotta let it slide.

And for the record, I BELIEVE --I'm not 100% positive-- but i BELIEVE that we've only officially declared war 4-6 times. The rest were just some sort of class of "engagement." The president, after all, has the ability to send in troups for a brief (60 days or less, I think) amount of time without congressional approval.
    Sidenote: This is called the War Powers Act, although it's never officially been enforced by congress. As long as the executive branch tells the legislative what it's doing, congress has never threatened any serious action, until this most recent political activity with the troop funding, I believe, and that's gonna get the shit vetoed out of it anyway.

To speak in America's defense, remember, Kosovo and the first Gulf War were UN sanctioned activities necessary to stop crazy genocidal maniacs (granted, we gave Saddam the weapons he used on those civilians, but that's another story.). The only reason WE took such a prominent role in these is because NO ONE ELSE has an army worth TWO SHITS. If it weren't for us, Saddam might have STILL been using chemical weapons and Slobodon might STILL be making mass graves.

You HAVE to make a distinction between the First Gulf War and the Iraq war. Nobody better try and defend Saddam concerning the first Gulf War. We all know he DID gas Kurds like a fat man eating bean burritos. The same argument can NOT be applied to this most recent war, but I'm not trying to defend that one.

And there's no black and white good vs. evil war here. All that warmongering during the cold war certainly had some justification. You're telling me that the Korean War shouldn't have happened? Right, because North Korea is SUCH a great country now. I sure wish more people were starving to death in the rest of the world, too!

And ANOTHER thing. On the one hand, the world accuses the US of warmongering, but on the other hand, does anyone else have the balls to do what is necessary? I don't see the UN doing squat about Darfur and Sudan. They've been waffling about taking action there for quite some time (I think the most recent threat prompted allowing 3000 Military Police in, but the original number was 21,000). Now, BECAUSE we're stuck in the quagmire of Iraq, of course NOW we're not going to help in Africa. But if we hadn't invaded Iraq, who do you think would spearhead a UN led coalition force to stop said genocides in Darfur? France? I don't think so.

Again, I have no defense against the current Iraq War. I'll leave Niarbet to explain that fiasco.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  17. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

If I really, REALLY dug around I could probably defend the current Iraq war. Just remember in all things that:

1. Hindsight is 20/20
    2. Pretty much every major politician in the US believed Iraq DID have WMDs pre-war.
    3. A lot of those politicians now condemn the war. Why? Because they're politicians, AND THAT'S WHAT POLITICIANS DO.

It's late, so I'll probably post more later. Just remember that there's a lot more to the current Iraq fiasco than American aggression. There's European greed, among other things, and Clinton's stupidity. Clinton may have been a good president sometimes, but other times he did a good job of setting us up for disaster.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

with reguards to virginia tech:

I think this is a perfect example of the hatred that the students put into the homocidal manic being reflected back at them

what goes around comes around.

19. BoF

BoF Member

grayclay88 that is one fucked up site you've linked to in your first post. And I do say that it's bout time that this piece of thread died.

"The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant. The population is growing." --- Cole's Axiom

20. Slithzerikai

Sorry, but seems like typical American big dick complex.

Yeah, it's fun to slap on France, they have one of the more advanced and better trained, outfitted army in the world, same with Germany. If America didn't do anything, Europe would have come back on it.

I don't have any blind hate against America, I don't disapprove everything they do, but I CAN honestly say that I'd rather have lived in a Europe under Hitler's rule, this iron grip would only last as long as the people were resisting.
    Kind of like America meets so much resistance trying to control Iraq.

I don't hate jews, by the way, but I've read that they were given several years to get out of Europe, and they refused to leave. Also, they were apparently one of the main causes for the crushing of the whole of Europe's economy at that time.

Looking at those things, Hitler was no worse than the emperor Barbarossa, whom tried to make a "holy", united European empire. His methods, and those of his generals who whispered into both ears, were massively skewed, yes. But as you would, I would, he was doing what he thought best for his people, his country, and even attempted what was best for Europe in it's entirity.

If this continent was still under Germany's rule, I can tell you all these American influences of decadence, which continue to run over Europe like wildfire in a dry forest, wouldn't be there. I'm not saying this 'empire' would be perfect, I'm sure it'd have it's flaws, but would they be so bad? Noone knows.

For America, I think republicans are doing alot of damage, I think the other sides will do the same damage, I think the whole type of government just needs to change- a country that cannot control itself, cannot police the world. America's eaten up by internal conflict, and they do nothing about that, nothing is wrong in the wallowing pool of ego.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.