VIPER server keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Support' started by vipervicki, Mar 28, 2009.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Can anyone help?
    For the last few days VIPER server has been crashing quite frequently. I disabled my admin mod and it's still crashing. I have these plugins installed:
    !profle, !id, sm_radio and sm_parachute.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

It would help if you had some sort of console dump till the crash happens and maybe even some sort of minidump file if that crash leaves one.

It could be some IVP issue which Omega has too.

I'm not a server hoster so I don't know much about this thing but one thing is sure, in 2.22 there were minimal amount of crashes and in 2.23 there are more crashes. So it is either the 2.23 which causes the crashes or valve's idea during that 2.22 to 2.23 time of fixing something and simultaneously breaking everything else.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Thanks for your reply. I have been sending my crash dumps to coffee, but it has gotten worse we can't go one map w/o a crash. It is very frustrating.

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Have you changed your server update setting from -game tf2 to -game orangebox or something? I read that somewhere on this forum and was it so that this helped to something... :p (Yeah, helps a lot.)

Try to find the thread because I can't remember what it was about. Search should find it quite easily.

Edit: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=8914

Hmm... It seems that this whole crashing of EU servers is some sort of localization error made by Valve because emp devs don't know what is causing the crashes, yet.

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

this is whats in my command line -game empires +ip 205.234.230.109 -port 27015 +maxplayers 40 -console +map emp_canyon

should it be -game orangebox +ip 205.234.230.109 -port 27015 +maxplayers 40 -console +map emp_canyon

6. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Try removing parachutes. Parachutes use DispatchSpawn and CreateEntityByName which both arent totally supported atm.

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Thanks theowningone I just did and so far when map changed it didn't crash

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

well not so lucky now. It crashed w/o sm parachute so I removed all plugins meta mod, source mod and its still crashing. I disabled my admin mod and still crashed. I am at a loss.

9. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

It might be that time when you have to just...

...blame 2.2

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the odd part is, it has been doing fine for awhile after 2.23 was installed until a few days ago. I can't figure out what happened to change this.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I remembered that I had stats disabled and re enabled them a couple of days ago. I disabled them again in server.cfg and we have been playing for a few hours now..on our 9th or 10th map and so far no crashes. Could be a coincidence or not I dunno. But so far so good.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

For those servers that are crashing I would disable the stats and see if that makes a difference. So far no crashes on VIPER since I did that. It's been many hours.

13. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

stats was changed again for 2.23 wasn't it? Could well be the cause.