VF cooldown time

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paradox, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Note this only applies to LT, AFVS, Meds and heavies

So I Was thinking, this vehicle spamming that goes on early game and midgame is really bothering me.
    Suddenly you transition from a game fulll of infantry vs infantry to spamming tanks. And if you dont spam tanks and the otherside does you lose. Thus you spam tanks. I as a commander always tell my minions to get into vehicle. In scrims and pubs theres no difference commanders want their minions in vehicles.

I dont think this fase change should be so abrupt. It also makes no sense that it can be so abrupt.
    Its like playing age of empires without unit creation cooldown.

What I propose is a VF cooldown timer based on what vehicle gets created-> Create a LT , you cant make another one for X seconds. Create a medium tank you cant make a vehicle for 2X seconds. Heavy 3-4x.
    This is VF only. So if you have 2 vf's you can spam more tanks since you'll have 2 different cooldowns.

I really think this is a really good suggestion to improve many aspects of the game we've been discussing the last x months that involve vehicles and tank, from restricting them to other stuff.

Implementing this will make vehicles come out on a steadier pace and will make destroying a VF very valuable

2. Ranger

Ranger Member

Another idea is to give the VF something like an energy pool. Say capacity 100. and an afv costed 30 energy a medium 50 energy and a heavy 65 etc. And this pool of energy would regenerate like a calculatorz. This could also give have a research in electrical engineering for either faster energy regeneration or bigger bigger capacity etc.

Basically the result would be the same right?

A-z-K likes this.
  3. complete_

complete_ lamer

how would you show this in game so people dont get super angry that they wasted their time building a tank only to find out theres a cooldown

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

There's something in the vf menu to show it? VF starts smoking a different color or sparks start flying around inside it? I dunno this seems like the easy part really.

5. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

If i remember correctly... There is already a very short cooldown time...

I recall it happening when trying to push out NF heavy tanks too quick. But this timer is probably so that new vehicles don't get built on top of one another...

6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Why not just rectify this issue entirely by having a research that increases the maximum number of tanks on the field?

Starts out really really low so they are solely support, a research is completed and bam, you can pump out more. Then maybe another research to get up to 20 maximum vehicles or something similar.

VulcanStorm likes this.
  7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

First, I'd like to point out that it is not "abrupt" at all, usually you see like 4~5 tanks after you scream at your team for minutes.

Second, we should take a look at why would you always tell your minions to get into vehicle.
    Because vehicles rekt everything, including grens.

This feature is like our old "10 vehicles limit", you'll end up with people sitting inside VF.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  8. VulcanStorm

2 Technologies, "Advanced Deployment" and "Extended Deployment"

each one effectively doubles the number of vehicles you can have

start at 1/4 team limit (min 1), then half, then full?

9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Start with 5, then it goes to 10, then it goes to 20 max.

10. Ranger

Ranger Member

Tank limit is server based I think

11. VulcanStorm

Exactly my point, my suggestion respects server restrictions but still allows for the quantity of tanks to be increased through research