version 264864846464 of fixing engineer

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Aug 10, 2016.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Simple one, make e build 'engie speed' and only engie can upgrade structures and repair. only engineer can place engie structures and also can place 1 ref. (like he can place 1 turret etc)

Commander can 'purchase' the ref for the cost of 1 ref, freeing up the engineer ref slot.
    Same with turrets, if they are technologically capable to be built.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Also a "field radar" commander construction that basically provides both engineer camera capabilities but is a bit more sturdy, think of a jeep flipped on its nose sized structure that has normal radar range but does the camera thing and has armory health.

Sapping it adds 'junk data' to the signals and makes some people not show up occasionally or some other cool effect.

If the model is a problem then il model it myself, i have some time and its an easy model.

Something like the 'block' on the back of this tracked vehicle, but as a building and roughly the same size.

[​IMG]

3. Avatarix

For me the Field Radar is a great idea, commanders will help infantry with acquiring information on battlefield in some way.
    But the ebuild and ref placing? I don't really get how all these riflemen or grenadiers are able to even repair things with their sturdy hands, when the engineer to be able to repair has goddamn nanomachine/biobuilding calculator in their hands. Why the hell do you want to make semicommanders from engis? Maybe just put a new class "Leader" which is able to put minor buildings on the battlefield? I dunno, but giving engineer tools to play the game on their own may help commanders, but also render them more tactically focused.
    and if you are making that radary thing give maybe it a big plate like for minor sattelite so the engineers after building can take a break and eat some lunch

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

They arent, not in the current version nor in the suggestion i made... play more.

This by all intents and purposes is a nerf for engineers, the fact they can place refs and repair but everyone can build makes them more niche.

5. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

if other classes could e build at same speed everyone would rush as riflemen/grens/scouts, build a armoury in seconds and change to engineer or not even bother, rushing would get worse.

6. Avatarix

"What did he mean by this?"
    Yeah, this might be a real problem. Now engis are (at least i think im not sure now blizzerd because of you) useful in earlygame MOSTLY because of their REPAIR upgrade, not because they can erect turrets and cameras (which are very usfeul too). If you could erect rax near frontilne as fast as engi, you would take your OP BEAR/NFHR rifleman with acc upgrade, not some puny engi with repair.
    As for me, i would even nerf ebuild because if there are enough other classes around you are able to build something... with bare hands. WHYYYYY
    And why even engi would need a nerf? Are his weapons too strong? Revive too fast? Building ability too useful? I don't get it desu.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Engineers would be able to do it twice as fast with build upgrade, but ok...

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the bold part, only engineers can repair, this is the current state of the game and i never suggested a change to that... im talking about E build.

Engineer is by far the most overpowered class in the game, average game you want 50% engineer, 25% gren, 25% rifleman and 1 or 2 scouts in very specific cases.

Start game you basically want 75% engineers even, even in pub games if you have way more engineers in your initial wave then the enemy you usually win your push. Only thing stopping that is a very good rifleman owning everyone but even then as soon as engineers dig in they are back in the advantage.

9. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

Maybe consider nerfing the revive skill instead if you feel engineers are too good, I did have one idea that revive should cost 100 but getting the heal upgrade would cut it down to 50 again.

10. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Why do engineers need a nerf?

And why is e-build too slow? I feel it should be that slow. Those classes aren't supposed to be building things... Construction is the engineers job

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it kind of breaks the flow of the game, and engineers are far too central. If we can do a temp patch of 1 month to try it out i bet no one would want to go back.

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hrmm, I would say yes only if it was like natural selection and you holster your weapon while you build. I mean engy's have that problem so it would make sense for other classes to have it too.

I'd be fine with engy being a straight medic class... but I would have to say I enjoy playing engy because it's so incredibly flexible, there's usually something you can do in any situation. Not so much with rifle or scout honestly.

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

thats the problem really, why have classes if there is a "one size fits all" for most scenarios.

Im cool with "hiding the gun" deal.