[Vehicle Weapons] 50CAL | STDMG

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FN198, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN198

FN198 Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Regarding the standard machine gun available to vehicles at present, I believe we should re-implement multiple machine guns for APC's and medium tanks. The reason being that vehicles are not powerful enough against infantry to be of any support against them. Though if this was to happen, the 50CAL would seem obsolete being a triple std mg with a longer reload time. I think that regardless of the implementation of multi machine gun that my suggestion for modification of the 50CAL be considered.

Change this...
    ...to this
    [​IMG]
    .50 Cal Heavy MG A heavier .50 caliber firing heavy machine gun.
    Research Physics -> Projectile Physics -> Heavy Caliber Machine Gun
    Cost 145
    Damage 40, BulletExplosive
    Speed 1000
    Gravity 0
    Heat 5
    Weight 100
    Cycle Time 0.4
    Clip Size 100
    Total Ammo Clips 6
    Reload Time 8.0
    Projectile Spread 0.01
    Heat To Target 0
    Explosion Radius 120
    Explosion Force 70

The machine gun would do 40 damage splashes on infantry at a rate of 5 shots per every 2 seconds. It would also cause more heat than a plasma MG making a constant firing of the weapon impractical.
    The 50cal should be able to be made to have explosive effects without doing damage to vehicles.

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Reconsider your values.

"Damage 40
    Heat 5
    Cycle Time 0.4
    Explosion Radius 120"
    --> Your tank will be overheated in about 8 seconds. Better balance the weapon by clip size and reload time and not by heat.

In these 8 seconds you will do 800 damage. And with Projectile Spread of only 0.01 and Explosion Radius 120 it will be an explosive death laser.

Just for compare: HEMG has Projectile Spread of 0.015 and needs 43 seconds to do 800 damage.

"The 50cal should be able to be made to have explosive effects without doing damage to vehicles."
    A weapon with splash but no damage to vehicles will confuse players even more.

And beside of this I see no need to make tanks stronger versus infantry. Chaingun, Medium Chaingun, HE Cannon, Bio ML, Bio MG and Nukes are enough weapons which are effective against infantry.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. FN198

FN198 Member

My values are carefully considered.

This 50cal would do 800 damage in 8 seconds, but be reminded that the existing 50cal does in the same amount of time, 6666 damage. In 8 seconds, the existing 50cal does 5866 more damage than my proposed weapon. As long as I have a clip of at least 40 rounds and a reload at most of 6 seconds i am fine. 50 CAL is supposed to be powerful and should be more so than a heavy tank's dual std mg's

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Remember that the current 50cal, while at a 5k damage potential in 8 seconds, hardly ever kills people because 90% of the players can't aim with vehicle MGs.

No, seriously.

5. FN198

FN198 Member

if 90% of the players can't aim with vehicle mg's then how about we change it?

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

You'd need to make the game not lag between continents. Gl with that one.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

my proposition is a good alternative to making the game not lag between continents. this is why i proposed it.

8. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

you think 50 cal is weak???

wtf???

this ^

9. Demented

Demented Member

If that's your idea of carefully considered, I'd rather have DizzyOne do the scripts. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades; this machine gun doesn't have near the area effect of a hand grenade. Splash damage will only let a driver kill people around corners. (On that note, if 50cal penetrated walls...)

Also, the only reason to change the damage type to BulletExplosive is so that it hurts vehicle armor or hurts grenadiers less. Leave it at Bullet.

10. FN198

FN198 Member

thanks for the clarification demented. the intention of it is to kill people around corners as a substitution for shooting through walls.

@deadpool
    50cal isn't necessarily weak, it just isn't distinct from a combination of lesser mg's

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Why raise the heat up by 4.8, like wtf, I overheat shooting any vehicle mg really fast, why worsen it!

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why do tanks overheat from mgs again? though im not one of the RPG-faction, i dont really get it, ive never seen it as issue. well at least its consistent ...

i loved 3xstdMG on APCs, i also loved 3xGL. actally i think all the weapon limits should be gone. i want missile boats and 6shooters back :P
    srsly ...

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Suggested value changes for scripts from a thread will never be used. Ever.

If your suggestion is to allow multiple weapons to be mounted again, fine, that's a suggestion. But you suggest, we do solutions. We would never come to the thread and use your values, especially considering that you have no idea how most of the values work, such as heat, explosion force/radius and damage type. Because you have them completely and utterly wrong. The weapon you just made would probably kill most 6 plate composite heavies in the space of about 10 seconds. So make a suggestion sure, but don't post suggested value changes trying to make your suggestion look smart and informed, when you have absolutely 0 idea what the value changes will even do, or how any of the stuff even works.

14. FN198

FN198 Member

:( but trickster... i want a weapon that can do that.

on a more serious note, my values are definitely misinformed. This doesn't mean I'm trying to look smart or informed, I only wish to convey the direction that I want to take the weapon. I do have more than '0' idea of how the values work, but of course my understanding isn't as comprehensive as yours that you boast so much of. Go ahead and criticize/bash a misguided suggestion but please don't be mean to FN, he's really cute.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Genuinely speaking, don't ever suggest specific weapons, because it simply won't get done. Unless the weapon has some new feature, it will never be looked at etc. I just want to make it clear that you are wasting your time by suggesting specific values, or asking for a new/changed weapon that isn't significantly different to the current weapons (And by significantly different, I mean different to the point that it actually can't be done using the current scripts) then it won't ever be considered, looked at or even thought about. Just saving you wasting your time.

But like I said, suggest allowing multiple weapon to be mounted by all means.

16. FN198

FN198 Member

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

everyone wants the nf pistol01 to shoot nukes, but it's not going happen.

18. Empty

Empty Member

Lol hitscan heavy/infantry instagib cannon.
    GOOD SUGGESTION GUIS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.