Vehicle spawner does strange things to weapons.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Empty, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Depending on the vehicle, all MLs or Cannons fire from the same point, rather than MLs coming slightly offset, and on AFVs cannons can fire from the ML point.

I noticed it on Fogcity, kinda weird shooting a salvo ML from teh med tanks barrel.

2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Yeah I noticed it with an AFV the cannon and MG are offset by about a yard to the right of the barrel. It's really annoying and affects your aim a lot more than you'd imagine.

3. Demented

Demented Member

It's not so much a strange thing as it is a limitation of the spawner. In the scripts, the weapon slots select specific 'bones' to fire from. The spawner doesn't let you do that, so they all fire from the first bone. It'd probably get fairly intricate to do it automatically...

4. Dan911

Dan911 Member

well, this is a mus fix :)

5. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

It can't be that hard to fix. D:

6. Empty

Empty Member

I do lua, nothing is too hard to bugfix. If it's so broken that you need to rewrite the code from scratch then you shouldn't have coded so badly in the first place, and it would fuck you up later anyway.

7. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Apperently it has to do with in wich order you add the weapons. I have had MGs fire from the turrets and cannons from right(missile launcher). Just look it up in the vehicle scripts so it won't screw up,

like if the first slot is a Cannon slot, the second an ML slot and the third a MG slot then put the weapon in that order(in the preset entity).

In theory, that should fix it. I am going to test it.