Vehicle preset list update

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Aug 30, 2017.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Currently, we only have the Default preset which keeps getting overwritten each time the average player makes a vehicle, and the preset system goes largely unused. This is a multi-faceted issue that would require an overhaul of the vehicle customization screen to address fully, but in the meantime we can make a step in the right direction by shipping a couple working presets of "meta" vehicles, like a Superlight or a dual TOW Heavy. Our current preset functionality is rather limited and unintuitive in several key areas, but the hope is that someone will learn of their existence and/or use the ones provided to better effect than going off of their own completely uninformed gut feeling.

Below is a list of presets that I propose to be added. Feel free to comment on them or suggest completely new ones.

BRENODI EMPIRE

APC
    * Combat APC. DU HMG--Composite 2/2/2/1--Gas Turbine--MG 1P
    * Demolition APC. UGL--Reactive 2/2/2/2--3 Phase Electric--GL 1P
    * Reinforcement APC. Composite 3/3/3/3--Gas Turbine

AFV
    * Armored AFV. StdCN/ML--Capacitive 3/3/3/2--3 Phase Electric--CN 1P, ML 1S
    * Bruiser AFV. StdCN/StdMG/ML--Composite 3/3/3/3--Gas Turbine-- CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S

Medium Tank
    * Harasser Tank. HECN/BioMG/SML--Composite 4/4/4/2--Fission Reactor--CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S
    * Support Tank. HECN/50CalMMG/BioML--Deflective 4/3/3/2--Bio Diesel--CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S
    * Budget Tank. ERCN/DUMG/SML--Absorbant 4/4/4/4--Fission Reactor--CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S

Heavy Tank
    * Bruiser Tank. 2xHERCN/BioMG--Composite 6/4/4/4--Fission Reactor--CNs 1P, MG 1S
    * Nuke Tank. Nuke/BioMG--Absorbant 6/5/5/4--Advanced Coolant Based--Nuke 1P, MG 1S
    * Rail Tank. 2xHeavyRail--Composite 6/5/5/4--Fission Reactor--CNs 1P

NORTHERN FACTION

APC
    * Combat APC. DU HMG--Composite 2/2/2/1--Gas Turbine--MG 1P
    * Demolition APC. UGL--Reactive 2/2/2/2--3 Phase Electric--GL 1P
    * Reinforcement APC. Composite 3/3/3/3--Gas Turbine

Light Tank
    * Superlight. StdCN/ML--Reactive 2/2/2/2--3 Phase Electric--CN 1P, ML 1S

Medium Tank
    * Defensive Tank. StdCN/BioMG/GML--Reactive 4/4/4/2--3 Phase Electric--CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S
    * Budget Tank. HECN/HEMG/SML--Absorbant 5/5/5/5--Gas Turbine--CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S
    * Bruiser Tank. ERCN/BioMG/UML--Composite 5/4/4/4--Fission Reactor--CN 12P, MG 2S, ML 1S

Heavy Tank
    * Bruiser Tank. 2xTOWGML/BioMG--Composite 6/5/5/4--3 Phase Electric--MLs 1P, MG 1S
    * Nuke Tank. Nuke/BioMG--Absorbant 6/6/6/6--Advanced Coolant Based--Nuke 1P, MG 1S
    * Missile Tank. 2xHUML/BioMG-Composite 6/5/5/4--3 Phase Electric--MLs 1P, MG 1S

Yes this is an old thing that I forgot about and just dug up. Maybe it will make it in this time.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

This has to be at least 6 months old because it looks like pre-bio-MG meta.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

Date created: 2016-09-09

That being said, I think a modification is due.

EDIT: Added 3 slot weapons and swapped MGs for more bio. I think the armor plate counts are now off, I'll fix them when I can get a hold of the game again.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. .Oktay.

.Oktay. Member

Not many a researching Gas Engine and Bio Engine there are not bad for the early game but it dosent feel like a top tier engine for example 3 Phase engine is by far the best engine you do nothing wrong if you researched it. The only reason you research Gas Engine and Bio Engine is to safe time both engine dont give the cooling power from 3 phase and Coolant Engine is to slow. I know is better than nothing but half or more of your team are new players they have problems with the heat management and with Gas Engine, Bio Engine the problem gets even bigger. if you have a team full of experienced player you can research basicly everything and will still work. The Weapons and armor types are fine only your engines choice is bad. for a ranked game your engines choices are good but in a normal empire game your safed time not gona help you if your team cant handel it. Oh and Fission Engine is by far the hardest engine to handel you only cooling your self by moving your tank and new player (and me because i suck) stay still in a tank fight to aim better so you dig your own grave

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

I was under the impression that while you do get 3phase as NF most of the time (fair criticism of what I suggested for NF there*), BE doesn't go into electrical nearly as often, leaving the choice between gas and fission.

*The engines I suggested have the big advantage of having less weight than 3phase, which directly translates into 1-2 extra armor plates. I figured armor is more important than heat for newbies, who have trouble hitting targets anyways.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I never use the preset system because research is rarely consistent enough to make use of it. Even when research feels super samey there's usually one item missing for whatever reason.

Of course, I assume with the preset system it just removes whatever it doesn't have researched, but it's still feels like if I'm taking the time to customize it anyway I don't see this being useful to me.

For newer players I suppose this suggestion is nice, but at the same time like I said about it just removing what it doesn't have I feel like new players won't notice what should and shouldn't be there, so they might not realize they are about to build a tank with no weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong on it auto removing things, but that what it feels like whenever I come into a new game with a loadout from a previous round.

Neoony likes this.
  7. D.D.D. Destroyer

Everything you said we discussed with thexa, and fingers crossed it can be addressed further down the line. As it stands though, it would indeed be a very barebones implementation, largely applicable to maps like vehicletraining, where everything is available from the start.

On the flipside, it's nice to have a tank with correctly configured plate counts for absorbant, normal weight armors, and reactive (and the odd capacitive but hey nobody gets that). It speeds up recustomization in the next round.

Yes it does automatically remove whatever is missing, or more accurately, the preset stays as-is, but unresearched items aren't there when you are trying to construct the vehicle.