Vehicle Physics Crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by Metal Smith, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I have 2 maps that have been experiencing this problem. people will crash in vehicles at very specific spots.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0u11sz

I didn't think much off it the first time, but the second time, it bugged me that 2 completely different maps did it.

The first crash was on emp_delta. It didn't show up until I did the rc4 release, which I started using my new computer.

It crashes for everyone.

The strange part is this.

On the hammer grid, the crashes come as follows:

On delta in the X, Y top view, the crashes come from 12000, 0 along the x axis.

on echo, the crashes come from the coordinates in the top X, Y view of 0, 12000.

The first crash I didn't notice it was on an axis, but now that I have 2 crashes with vehicle physics happening precisely on the axis, I wonder if the game is dividing something by 0 and killing the server.

I'll put up a crash dump in a minute, or you can just upload emp_echo_a5 and drive a vehicle to the northern part on the back side of the hill.

[​IMG]

If anyone else knows why this crash happens, i would really like any input I can get to fix it. It hasn't started happening to me or my maps until I got this new computer, so I'm thinking it might be that. I've asked someone to compile it for me to test it as well, so we'll see. This glitch is just really annoying and it sorta breaks the game. Unfortunately I'm the only mapper who gets it, so it may just be me.

I'm coming up with a scheme to make it impossible to drive in this spot though, so... ahwell.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I explained it to you at least 2 times on IRC, one time I explained
    it over 3 pages of IRC text... :pathetic: :pathetic: :pathetic:
    For the last time it happens if you look at a corrupted/fucked up
    or whatever displacement when you are in a vehicle.

Remove the displacement, their will be always some sort
    of way to see it and crash the server and all clients.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

It's not on a single displacement, and it's not a displacement crash.

Also, what are the odds that one map crashes at some displacement at 12000, 0 and another completely different map crashes on a displacement at 0, 12000?

at any rate, getting rid of a displacement and calling it corrupted when it's happened in 2 different yet eerily similar locations just doesn't make sense to me.

There has got to be a reason that regardless of the Z position, the 2 maps crash at 12000 units in one direction and 0 units in the other.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Alright, it's some sort of compile error