vehicle limitation

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by AnRK, Jul 9, 2006.

1. AnRK

AnRK Member

i dunno if im right about this, but it seems a bit stupid that either you can build your dream tank or you can build nothing at all, is this going to be resolved at any point (if it needs to be relsolved in the first place...)

please feel free to hurl abuse at me if im wrong about this

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

What are you trying to say? That people can use up all of the res on only their tank, thus leaving you no room to build, or that you can make too-powerful tanks?

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't even get what he's talking about.

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

i think the point he's saying is that the limitation is a little strong given its the only option. a middle ground seems hard to get reasonably though, maybe have a third option where the comm can set a max res per person and let them build that - tho either it'd stop you after one tank or you could just spam jeeps etc and use all the res

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I think that he meant that when you choose weapons for vehicle like regen + bio diesel and in next game you choose the same vehicle (ie med tank) you won't get any armor/engine in that place if bio/regen isn't researched.

Also if you buy arty with setup from last game and arty type changed the weapon won't be bound to group/mouse key.

6. AnRK

AnRK Member

right thats the last time i post at 2 in the morning :(

swamprat got what i ment though, i was getting at the fact that there should be limits on res when theres not much cash about but if its not a crisis situation then building certain tanks or building tanks for a certain amount of res should be an option

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Limitation is good thing. You should customize vehicles in "spare" time and then just click build when someone goes to VF.

8. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Personally, i dislike being forbidden to build my own tanks. I like using my own configurations and often feel uncomfortable with someone the comm might prefer himself. I never build my dream tank; instead i try to be as economical as i can. I think anyone whos played for a while does the same thing. I find that its only the noobs who carelessly waste ridiculously expensive tanks.

9. Slithzerikai

We don't need to stop good everyone from making tanks, we should get the morons that wreck them on a friendly turret to stop driving them.

10. Revolver

Revolver Member

Personally, there's just a point when I want to restrict certain types of vehicles. Like jeeps. But really, by that point, I've already lost.

11. AnRK

AnRK Member

it just seems a bit stupid that its an all or nothing thing either some twat (i.e. me) who still hasnt learnt what all the armour does and cannons etc and builds some big f off tank and wastes loads of res cos hes so emmersed in perfecting his tank he knows nothing about and gets it blown up cos he cant drive it properly

OR

you cant build anything at all

12. Slithzerikai

Admitted, sometimes I break a tank as soon as it rolls out, but heh, I can usually take 2 or 3 tanks down (Medium to medium) once out in the field.

13. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

The most important thing to encourage noobs to do is to retreat from battle and REPAIR their tanks if they get low on health. So many wasted resources from noobs who like to charge in guns blazing only to get shot down right away.

14. Slithzerikai

I usually take Regenerative Armour tanks, and perform hit 'n' runs.

15. Darg

Darg Member

Man I just pulled off this sweet drive by man.. I capped like 3 crips in the ass man.. now let me just wait for the armour on my sedan to regen...

16. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Too much GTA:SA for some it seems. :D

Although I must say that I really would like to see more tanks in the field... It's usually so one sided. The others have a lot of tanks the other have only two or three... I guess it's up to the community mappers to make these "funnier" maps.

17. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

acording to the media page the com can restrict vehicle construction for certain ppl if he chooses. obviosly this isnt in the game, but it may be on a todo list somewhere.

18. Slithzerikai

That would be heaven, vehicles only being distributed against the well 'n' worthy.

19. Darg

Darg Member

i bet the noobs would love that..

"Come on comm! Please give me access.. I love you long time!"
    "No.. n00b!"
    "F$$$ YOU NAZI ASSED MOTHER FUĀ£KER!! I KILL YOUR FAMILY!! I SEND YOU VIRUS!! I'M THE 1337357 HACKER EVER MAN!! YOU'RE GOING TO FUC&ING DIE!!!"
    "No.."
    "... n00b... "

20. zachtos

zachtos Member

CPUgeek is right. I don't like to restrict the VF but it is a necessary evil if you want to win. Unfortunately, most players will just crank out any tank they can afford CONSTANTLY just to get in the field. They dont want to wait for that extra 500 some res to get a good tank. I know good players get royally pist when I drop tanks pre-configured, but it's either that or lose basically. I can unlock the factory briefly enough for him to make his desired tank, but that's still a gamble of some dick grabbing a paper heavy tank.

restriction of vehicles per player or cash per player would be fucking FANTASTIC. Or perhaps players "share" res like on aliens in NS? of course then we wouldnt be able to afford good tanks ever if it were split up evenly. It's a tough call on how to balance fun/strategy.