Vehicle Engines

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Pathfinder331, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Pathfinder331

Pathfinder331 Member

I've played this game on and off for about a year(I got back on because 2.4 allows DX 8, so I can actually handle this game on my shitop with optimized settings). Although I figured out that AR's out-spray SMG's and pistols seem to be amazing at a distance(could just be that it is semi-automatic which helps manage recoil), I can't seem to figure out the plus side of engines. On a jeep I can reach higher speeds with a gasoline engine than with the electric engine. But when I'm in a light tank I go faster with an electric. Can someone clear up what vehicle parts do what?

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Lots of changes to the engines since before.

Chemistry / Coolant engine: For seiges. It moves slowly and actually generates some heat whilst moving. But when you are not accellerating (i.e. coasting or just rotating) it cools down supremely. Mostly useful for end game heavy tanks.

Physics / Nuclear Fission engine: The opposite of coolant -A fast engine which cools down more the faster you are going. For the hit and run style.

Electric / 3 Phase: Fast engine with good accelleration, cools pretty quickly.

Gas Turbine: An all-round engine, kind of like upgraded standard. Except that it has one trick up its sleeve; The more damaged you are, the more torque it produces (I believe, someone may correct me, either way I believe it produces more power - so easier to climb hills, better accelleration, but not a higher top speed?).

Bio / Bio Diesel: Stats are all middle of the road(ish), kind of feels like Gas Turbine to me. It doesn't move fast but it isn't painfully slow either. like Standard or Coolant. It doesn't cool down that quickly or have a very high capacity before it overheats. BUT it can continue to move unaffected when overheated. You can ever "cheat" this by binding your dual cannons/missiles to a single mouse button and both will fire as soon as it drops down a single bar - if the reload time of the weapon is significant then this is more useful than falling back and waiting to cool down as your cycle time remains the same or very close. So good for slow reloading weapons or high heat weapons I guess as opposed to MG's.

Each engine requires a slightly different strategy to get the best out of it and there is now a bit more interplay between the kind of weapons you want to go with each engine (or visa versa).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

^that should be in the ingame news window. :)

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah A-z-K has everything accurate there.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

[​IMG]

Although I've been binding my dual CN/ML to the same button since forever, not just for bio diesel. If you control the situation well, that extra damage would matters.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's worth mentioning that weapon groups are much easier to use, now that you can swap them using your scroll wheel.

7. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I was unaware. I might actually start throwing MGs on my tanks now, instead of just trying to run the grens over.