Vehicle armor that gains extra health per plate

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PwnedYoAss, May 3, 2017.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I'll just jump in and say, what do you think the game will go with this new armor?

From a scripter's perspective I am willing to try every suggestion out, but to get this implemented we need reasons for our programmers.

2. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

I honestly don't know man. No one can make intelligent decisions in Empires because the relevant numbers related to armor, engine, and other such things are obscured heavily.

That being said, the point of this armor would be to provide incentive for less weaponry on vehicles in exchange for more armor.

Maybe this will lead to 6 plate heavies, and make plasma reasonable primary weapon because you can survive long enough in direct engagement to stun someone. You know, having written that it may allow for primary weapons that have more utility than just pure damage. Meh. I don't know though without the numbers I can't speculate much further without it being wildly wrong.

Could be lead to 6 plate heavies, or we could end up with super strong full plate APC rushes being common.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think it overlays with capacitive and maybe even reactive. (the fact that capacitive has 160 hp is written right there so you can't say it's obscured.)

If you just want some tanks that's super hella strong but can't really output much, we have them, but people are not using those tanks for reasons.

4. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Yeah that's what I thinking. Idea needs some work shopping. Might be interesting to just experiment with per-plate effects for the different armors honestly.