Turret collision too big!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kamikazi Ice, Feb 6, 2008.

1. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

just think of it like every RTS game out there, all buildings just take up a block of land regaurdless of their shape. :p

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

It doesn't really make the mod look bad at all really, just all that's missing is some kind of blue bubble around the turret which can act as a 'shield'. If it's not going to change, the best way to deal with it is improve the knowledge of its existance.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't see how the turret having a hitbox which looks as though it came out of a game made ten years ago can do anything other than make the mod look bad.

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

So the fact that you can't snipe through the turret hitbox is the defining feature which will force reviewers to give Empires a good or bad score. I doubt it will even be mentioned.

I'm not arguing over the fact that something needs to be changed, or made clearer, just that the impact of the reputation of the mod is negligible.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Any flaw is a major flaw, because flaws are what people remember. And if a flaw is obvious, and occurs a lot, people will remember it a lot.

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

For example, if you are up against a wall in CS and you try knifing someone, you will hit the wall and not them, at the same time giving yourself away.

This is a flaw, but it will not make me want to quit. It is easy to get around and easy to use for anyone. It's not like some l337 jumping spot that only can be gotten to if you are awesome, or know a trick. I think this is a low priority, and maybe will be fixed if they ever decide to redo the turret models.

7. gezor

gezor Member

sniper rifles get removed soon. can we get accurate turret hitboxes now? (no need to make the hitbox more complex, just a bit lower)

8. communism

communism poof

+1 to necromancy!

9. gezor

gezor Member

i revived this thread because im still annoyed by this bug. and im sure im not the only one.

comment of a dev pls.

10. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Its fixed since 2.2?

11. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Its been fixed for shooting people behind turrets apparently, but now it seems it is super easy to get tanks (especially BE meds) stuck on turrets.

12. gezor

gezor Member

what? your bullets still hit an invis wall when trying to kill some1 behind turret. same for grenades.

i think in ob version its harder to get stuck on a turret ...