Turret collision too big!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kamikazi Ice, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

How to fix this

1. Go to barracks/flag

2. press b

3. Change class to something useful

4. Help your team win instead of being a "5up3r 1337 l0n3 w0lf"

2. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I think i'd prefer to stay scout and pwn the guys face when he gets out of cover thinking that i'm reloading when in actual fact, i reloaded after my second shot to assure i'd have some rounds left should he attempt such.

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Only to realise that the enemy team is using tanks and that Scouts don't have much that will hurt tanks, making you useless.

4. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

kay

Even though a rifleman would get about 4-5 times as many kills. Just keep pwning them faces

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I would prefer 5 mgs with proper hitboxes than 20 with the current ones.
    If theres a hole, I should be able to shoot through it, apart from turrets being a major bore and engineers hiding behind them and building one after another like it's a sheet of bubble wrap :P

6. -shadow-

-shadow- Member

yes, pls fix the turret hitboxes. i hate it when i aim carefully for the head and i a hit invisble wall.
    you already get stuck most of the time when you drive on turrets.

7. gezor

gezor Member

is this huge hitbox intended (" a feature") or is it a bug?

a dev could say something to this.

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Its a feature; all turrets create a quantum flux shield around them; causing all bullets to do 0 damage to them, and also provding cover for anyone behind them

9. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

A little of both

10. Goose

Goose Member

Then cut down the time it takes to build turrets by a least 3 times. You should be able to build a level 3 mg in 20 seconds if you can get shot while building it.

11. gezor

gezor Member

lol? dont post while drunk!
    then we would have turret farms in every game.

if the colision box is smaller u can still prone behind the turret.

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

the current collision model is so important in gameplay atm that changing it to please some snipers really isn't justified. If something had to change I would really call for giant oil drums with guns or something. The best option would be changing the model to suit the collision model, not the other way around. If I'm sitting out there for 2 minutes building my turret up I want just a little bit of protection.

13. pastori

pastori Creator of huge bridges

Just change the model, some ammo boxes or so would look logical and nice under the turret.

14. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

We don't need to change a gameplay aspect to make 1 sniper happy.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

The way I see it is anyone with a gun will be affected by this.. Not just scouts, Its somthing that makes the game seem unpolished(granted all the other things) why not give the turrets a skirt so engineers can still have cover but it wont be an invisable shield(omg suggest invisible shields!) plus engineers can see you running up on them while shielding themselfs from bullets

16. gezor

gezor Member

no1 asked for removing the cover of the engineers. only this invisible wall bug should be fixed. if u dont want a smaller collision box then make the model bigger.

2 mins?! building a turret takes ~10 sec (except u upgrade it, then it takes ~1min)

17. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

it does look wrong to have invisible solid bits. rather than this making sniping over-powered (why would this make much difference? more the point is shooting at range when all you can see is sparks through a load of leaves and getting kills) why not add a second section on heads to make helmets work, so only face/neck shots count as head shots and helmet shots just give you ringing ears (or not).

18. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

The ringing ears would be hillarious. turn the helmets in to bells! Scout would be good just for the confussion.

19. Noskillz & Nokillz

Noskillz & Nokillz Member

Seriously, why don't you just build a wall in front before building the turret? build it so it protects your head then build the turret in safe cover. That way fixing the collision models won't screw up the engies...

I like the helmet idea, make headshots to top of head same damage as a normal body shot

20. Samort7

Samort7 Member

Ok I think I have a solution for this problem!

Design the turrets differently! Make them blocky! Just a big box with a turret on top. It will be more 'realistic' and you shots will be blocked properly!