Trouble selecting units in Commander's view

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chahk, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Chahk

Chahk Member

Am I the only one who has to select by drawing a rectangle around the units to select them?

I find that clicking soldiers and vehicles often misses them. This is especially troublesome when trying to give orders. I end up smapping my poor minions with many "Move to this location" instead of a single "Attack this target" because it's almost impossible to right-click fast-moving enemy vehicles or tiny soldiers on the first try.

Could something be done about this? If each unit had a clickable color-coded (green for friendly, red for enemy) rectangle drawn around them in comm view it would be easier for commanders to spot and select them and give them orders.

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Range of "accepted" clicks should be increased. It looks like you have to click exactly on the unit to select it. That's bad because I have to click many times or zoom in and zoom out.

But ATM it's quite acceptable. This doesn't look like a critical bug.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

It gets worse if you tilt or rotate your view via the X key. The units' clickable areas get completely missaligned when you do. You have to click to the left/right of the unit instead of directly on it to select them.

That's why it's in the Suggestions and not in Bugs forum ;)