Trouble in Terrorist Town Revival Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RetroFade, Jul 22, 2013.

1. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Yeah everyone do this if you haven't already. It's in the OP.

You have to actively subscribe to maps, and if so then GMOD will download them. If you already have the BSPs it doesn't matter. Trickster has stuck them on the DL server it looks like.

We're playing Vanilla rules, Haste Mode on starting at 5 mins, adding 30 secs for each kill (defaults). It's gives the traitors some leeway as to how about the business, but basically we want good flowing gameplay. If it turns out the timer is getting high so there are just stagnant periods where we're all sitting about for 10 mins then it can be adjusted.

You cannot "claim" rooms. It's a faggy tactic that counts as RDM'ing (because you are randomly killing people at your own discretion for no reason apart from entering a part of the map that you yourself deem wrong).

"Camping" to some degree is allowed. Sitting on a rooftop with a Sniper Rifle popping heads is fine, provided you move off of it to go finish the round. Anybody hearing the shots will probably kill you anyway, so if you play it smart then you'll be mobile.

Any normal gameplay "issues" pretty much resolve themselves with the Karma system. You keep fucking up as Innocent and making the wrong decisions? Good luck trying to kill someone when you have reduced damage. (You can even play it so that "good" behaviour is rewarded i.e the karma threshold is set lower so players who do well can "earn" damage. Obviously this isn't default so we won't be using it but it's a setting that can be experimented with. It rewards good Innocents a lot more.)

Aside from that any other incidents will be solved the admins and of course everyone else in the server. We're all playing together at the end of the day. Constant RDM'ing will lead to kicks and bans. Being a twat will lead to the same fate (you'll know when it happens).

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

When we playin daawg

3. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Tomoz innit.

4. BigTeef

Wordzz

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Alas, tomorrow I might be a little occupied :headshot: . I guess I'll have to wait till next time.

Adding to this, even if you've ran css in the past before on your machine test it again because Valve changed the ways the files or GCFs were set up or whatever, else you'll just get missing textures and error models.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Also, for the love of cake, don't ghost. (In case some of you don't know, this includes revealing your own identity, revealing your traitor buddies...etc)
    Ghosting is perma ban on almost every proper TTT servers, it can fuck up the gameplay easily.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

It's player count dependent, hence why it's default for now.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Believe me, after the time i spent setting up the server, if someone wants to get on like a complete idiot they wont be staying around for long.

9. BigTeef

Can I pretend to be an obnoxious fat black girl?

Or is no fun allowed?

10. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

I've already told him this over Steam chat and pretty much made it clear anyway by my tone

For a little while, yes.

11. BigTeef

Aw yiss

12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Bump. 1 hour and 10 minutes to go. Myself and possibly a few others will be in epic teamspeak (epic-empires.co.uk)

13. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Added this to OP.
    The server can be joined by copying and pasting this into your console: connect epic-empires.co.uk:27070; password empttt

I will join in 10-15 minutes myself

14. BigTeef

I had fun.

15. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I hadn't played TTT before today, but I found out that I'm very good at it.

16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yeah i had a really good time at this tonight.

Last round I played as a terrorist I dropped a radio when jephir was right behind me then totally panicked...oops :/

17. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Yeah it was a success. Player peak I think was 16-17~, no issues apart from the auto kicking/banning at the very start, maybe the Dumpster on Richland and that from the last round of every map there was a really small window to change the map to the one we wanted so I had to copy and paste into console to get ready lol

If I'm not mistaken the International 3 Semi Finals are the Saturday night for us Euro's and Sunday night for the Grand Finals so there is a obvious group (me incl.) who will want to watch them I guess.

Next one will probably be the weekend after then or this coming Friday, feel free to play yourselves in the meantime. We didn't play maps such as cluedo, thething or clue and also some of the newer ones such as wintermansion and theship, so they'll be on the cards for next time.

18. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I will play next one