trigger_hurt question

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by flasche, Dec 1, 2015.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

how do i set up a hurt so that it damages players AND vehicles but not projectiles?

ive placed a gigantic, map-sized trigger hurt dealing instant 99999dmg on drygulch to prevent players from getting apcs up the cliffs. i know i could use clips, but i want exploiters to be punished.
    anyway - the way ive set it up it explodes missiles of all sorts and disarms shells that pass through (they dont explode anymore, they just slide on the floor)

what do? what flags do i have to tick ...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. flasche

nvm figured it out myself. idk if its over the top, but this setting doesnt influence projectiles.
    [​IMG]

now thinking about it was dumb to tick "everything" and not expect it to damage everything :rolleyes:
    (and maybe even dumber to not even think about trying to shoot at the trigger - well you never stop learning i guess)

anyways, it might be interesting to know that checking the everything flag does NOT damage tank, arty and mortar rounds - instead it creates this buggy behavior where projectiles bounce off and/or slide on the floor and its a 100% reproduceable. its like they get defused - they just never explode and continue to behave like ordinary physics objects.
    missiles, no matter if tank or rpgs are unaffected and explode when hitting the hurt as one would expect (except me hehe).

maybe this helps finding the bug?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

why not just use a block texture? or i dunno... noclip your terrain that should be insurmountable?

4. flasche

block texture?

but why ... dunno, guess i just like to kill what ends up where it doesnt belong ;)

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Add a filter_multi onto the trigger_hurt, then ask DDD what filter he used to detect apcs.

6. flasche

i figured it out myself already. my problem was that for whatever reason i thought ticking "everything" would be wise ...