Trialmap - NEW GAMEPLAY

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Deathkiller, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Guns and Wham-O

Guns and Wham-O Banned

It's a lot like Mario Bros or Contra on the original NES; except it's in 1st person 3d and not 3rd person side scrolling.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Well if the majority of players are faggots then the majority are having fun, are they not?

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Quoted for accuracy.

4. Deathkiller

Deathkiller Member

Final tests has nearly ended.
    Map v1 will be released tomorrow if nothing goes really wrong ;)

changelog from 0.92 to v1

-FULLVVIS
    -Builded cubemaps
    -more than 1 spawnpoint at each flag (avoid the spawnpoint is blocked)
    -tickets incresed by 25%
    -sabotage counter decresed by 50%
    -16 mines removed - that will make much players happy :)
    -Nukebugs fixed (now you cant disable the spawns forever)
    -added more textures (some help for noobs)
    -alternate ways if teams "stuck"
    -some gameplaybalances (the slower team will get more help and the faster team will more blocked)
    -BE is not able anymore to despawn nf com
    -its not longer possible to block the whole team from roof of multifloorbuilding with 1 single rifleman
    -some little other changes and bugfixes

5. Deathkiller

Deathkiller Member

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I'm not sure how to do this, but I think it would be helpful if you put more visual indicators on where to go and what to do to proceed. I've gotten lost numerous times on the map, not understanding what I needed to do to activate a spawn or overcome an obstacle. Something as simple as arrows on the ground that point in the correct direction would be helpful.

Also, there are a number of exploits in the map where you can skip difficult areas by using walls/turrets and/or parachutes. The most amusing is that you can parachute over to the enemies side and block or attack them. It might be best to disable engy buildings and put some clip brushes so that people can't exploit the map via parachutes.

Otherwise, I really like the map. Thanks for making it.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

if you disable walls we shall use player's heads instead

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

needs more emphasis on throwing concussions in the faces of turrets and running like hell.

9. Deathkiller

Deathkiller Member

first, thx for playing my map :)
    I think many player will have problems if they play it for the first time... but its really easy ... you just need to go from the top of the map to the bottom .. nothing more ...
    at the spawnpoints there different ways to "get them".
    but its always the same ... shoot the vent to unlock an spawnable ladder ... shoot at a cracked window with stickys or rocket ... or just build an wall to get at the top and jump in there.
    exploiding with turrets and walls to get faster throught the turrets is not forbitten in this map .. :) ... but the parachutes were not in my mind as i buildet the map..... :/ the whole map was testet on an noparachute nomods dedicated homeserver^^
    but i think the most player will play fair and dont use the parachute to buguse to places at the other teams side ..... if they do... just kill em :D

maybe im doing a little tutorialvideo how to solve the map - the standart way...
    at some parts its tricky ^^
    hope you enjoy it anyways .... after playing it a few times you will know how to do it ...