Too few people are playing!!!1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordDz_2, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Also Trump is a wannabe Nazi.

2. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I just found this thread, since I infrequently visit the troll fest, which these forums have become.

Trump - you're just a sad human being, I'm sorry to have ever considered you a friend. You deserve no more ink than that.

NUBS admins openly discussed bans, none used them as a vendetta. I frequently quit the server rather than taking action against anyone who might be frustrating me. New players were always given a few passes and even at the insistence of other players to ban then - they were NOT. Only when they acknowledged their action but continued to grief a team were they then told "You are being banned for 1 day or 1 hour, or 10 minutes". LT and I had long conversations to try and make common sense rules that are predictable, but the first was NEVER to take action for revenge or because someone pissed you off. We followed rules that were fair - Grief and no matter who you are you get at least a ten minute ban to cool down. One person deciding to end a game will quickly empty your server.

There is something you guys have to understand or this game is doomed. Being an admin is not easy. I made ALOT of mistake, most due to what I considered fun, but quickly learned that they were not fun for others. My number one go to person and person who informed me how bad I acted was Vicki. She mentored me instead of booting me. At one point I said, "Look I suck at Admin, I'm not good at it, you should find someone else". But she spent ALOT of time. "Don't ban, slap to get them out of com", "Educate them, don't punish", "Never move someone after a game has started", "Don't take control away from the players - make them vote for change". Shit - everyone knows on NUBS they had total control of the server and if they didn't like something they couldn't bully an admin into changing a map or choosing their favorite map, but they could prompt for a vote.

I learned to help make the game more fun, and if you guys don't see that Vicki is the most logical person trying to help this game, then you are losing out on a great ally. I've read through many of the threads where people were crucifying her and she remained around the help educate those people at the certain risk to her health and mental well being. What has she ever done that makes you guys act so indecently towards her? She has the most experience at running a server and spends countless hours helping server owners and admins.

Creeper has spent crazy hours developing plug ins to make admin unnecessary. Votes are there for everything and able to be initiated by the players. We are there to monitor for abuse, and to keep it fun. He gets zero credit for all that work. As players voiced ideas "Guys sometimes want to quit, but they can't force others to RTV, especially AFK spec's" - so Surrender was created, and modified, and modified again to handle abuse of the command. Just because someone quits at the first sign of losing, doesn't mean the team should quit. But the choice is upto the team - NOT AN ADMIN. And you guys have not yet learned that. The old way was the COM chose to drive into the water and there was no consequences. That was wrong.