Too few people are playing!!!1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordDz_2, Mar 21, 2017.

1. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I know, the best thing we can do is split the playerbase between servers! :D

upload_2017-3-21_20-57-28.png

Also just realized one can just copy paste things here without using imgur. Cool.

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

I was thinking the same thing only 40 seconds ago

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Agreed. We don't have the population to split.

We need a trailer/immediate notoriety to fill that... and it doesn't help the newer portion of the population I believe is mostly from America.

4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

There isn't really any population at all to be honest, AND I'm banned from NUBS, AND I can't test stuff on my server without being on it.
    AND Creeper, his alt, and Vicki will ALWAYS sit on their server. So by "do not split the population" what you're saying is: "play on NUBS 2.0".

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

first off Mr X your are not banned anymore and you know that. We also go to lizards server when we can actually play when he has people on it and we are not working, and will go to the UK server when people are on it if we are available to play.
    If you see us sitting in misfires server is because we are either working on the server or I'm working at my job. Unlike you who are independently wealthy I have to work to earn a living.

6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I think what he means is, you are "purposely" trying to seed his server over the other servers so when someone joins, they go to the server with 1/64 meaning that server gets populated leaving the other servers almost 0 chance. You AFKing on there is the equivalent of seeding.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

how does one seed accidentally? and when did seeding become a bad thing?

But as Mr X said about his server, I need to be in it to test plugins and stuff. In fact I just thought up with a new one waiting for it to be coded. I am still adding them and adding maps etc and the creeper helps me and I'm also doing my store work and forget I'm in there at times.

The server is still new and as you are finding out it takes time to tweak and search and test for plugins and such to get everything working just right.

we don't poach and we don't message any players in other servers.

Nothing is stopping any of you from seeding or w/e Lets all get on Lizzys case since he seeds his server too (Let's NOT) SHEEESH You guys are WEIRD.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  8. Ranger

Ranger Member

no vicki ur a bad girl. dunt seed no more! gib chance to the other servers (only u)

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Okay, first off don't get angry with me I'm just explaining his point.

Secondly, this is what gives rise to Viper 3.0 name because you seem to be heavily involved in it. People seem to not want it to go back to a 1 server monopoly, not that Creepers server was bad but it gave no competition and really only 1 place to play so if you were banned.. tough luck, might as well uninstall the game.

Thirdly, it's not wrong to seed, but I don't think ESB was actually meant to be a full on server in the first place.

I'm just explaining why people are saying what they are saying.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

okay if we are being honest Ill give it to you straight, if you guys at memehouse were not such assholes and not make it a point to insult NUBS which in turn insults thecreeper and act like all that, things would have been different.

FYI the point was proven being like NUBS is NOT a bad thing because people choose ESB even when other servers are populated and people miss NUBS as they miss VIPER (not all of course) but to put that crap on your steam group is nasty and low.

12. Ranger

Ranger Member

"People seem to not want it to go back to a 1 server monopoly"? what people? banned people? people in general don't want to play on full server anymore? or they just want to switch servers every now and then? like this week it's esb, next week it's memehouse, then the lizardpeople server. it's true i've heard it so many times over the years, people getting bored of the same name and same server performance (sarcasm). we need more variation!

Empires can sustain only one server atm sadly. A second server is good for backup and when server hits max capacity. I've never heard of "giving chance to another server". To me it sounds like Microsoft giving a chance to Apple to expand. I suppose you believe as a community we must have some utopia thing in our heads when it comes to Empires. What's the point of having multiple servers if only one is needed? I can't see anything else other than personal reasons, there's nothing else brah> so no utopia (notice how many servers popped up to take main server's position after it shut down, in case you didn't notice)

The war of the servers is real and it's worse than oil wars or water wars, because there's really no need for it.

13. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Wow, you are really turning into an asshole. You call other people bad, but refuse to look in the mirror. In no way did I insult you, or did I insult ESB in that post, yet you turn around and call ME an asshole? Grow the fuck up Vicki. You're the one who unfriended Destroyer for a literally unknown reason other than saying "You are just like them". You make fun of people for having "safe spaces" yet you have the biggest one out of all of us because you unfriend and block people at the drop of a hat/misuse of a word. (Me when I mistakingly said you said I was toxic because I wouldn't listen to you and then I tried to tell you that I would continue the conversation when I got out of class but you just blocked me at that.)

How are the people at memehouse "assholes"? And how did we insult creeper or even nubs?

People choose ESB because you AFK on it pretty much 24/7. Remember that one time that people switched from ESB over to memehouse and then you threw a tantrum on the shoutbox and accused Wired of poaching? Oh ya, I memba. People go wherever there are people, not because your server is better. There are so few players it is retarded to split the player base to play 4v4 games when you could have 1 16v16 game going on. The fact that you sit here and tout "ESB IS BETTER BECAUSE PEOPLE HCOOSE IT!" is just retarded when the player base is so small and people would rather play the game the way it is meant to be played, with a lot of people.

Edit: What "crap" did we put on our steam group?

Here is the steamgroup welcome page.

Rules are as follows -
    1. No Griefing
    2. No Directly offensive language (Give warnings first, if someone takes offense to something THEN resolve it)
    3. No 9 mining outside of the map or to game ruining areas. Other 9 mining (Money) is allowed.
    4. Try to keep the games balanced
    5. Don't be a jerk, respect each other. This is a server for fun.
    6. Don't promote your own server on our server. That's bad.
    7. Keep sprays slightly appropriate. We can all have a good laugh.

If someone breaks a rule we will follow this format unless it is a serious infraction:
    1. We Informally warn you - over the all chat
    2. We Formally warn you - directly message them with the warning
    3. Kick/Gag if punishment warrants.
    4. Ban - For severe offenses.

Join our group here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MemehouseServer

Banned? Friend Banned? Tell them to go here for an appeal:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MemehouseServer/discussions/0/135511455866375619/

Here at Memehouse, we also fully support the development team in any endeavor so take alook below to help out with the game!

Help out the Empires Development by donating to Patreon! It allows cool new models, textures, sounds and more to improve your experience.
    https://www.patreon.com/Empires

Official Forums:
    https://forums.empiresmod.com/index.php

Also, check out the OFFICIAL Empiers Subreddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Empires/

Want to help this server out with plugins or think you can admin? Contact Paradox or President Donald J. Trump

Please, tell me where I insult NUBS when I wrote that up, or where I insulted you, or where I insulted anyone because I don't see it, and I think you are pulling crap out of your ass to justify your piss poor argument.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

read your admin rules and try and deny it. No steam Empires server group has ever bashed another until you guys came along. you started the bad blood not us. You didn't have the community spirit not us.

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oO

sry but i also fail to see something insulting there.

also @Ranger i miss an euro server. empires with low ping is like day and night compaired to my often 130 on us servers. i wish there would be some agreement to play on the euro server until idk, maybe 2200 cet/cest and then we could go to the us server. but that was a problem with epic already. us players joined, bitched about ping and said "lets go to <us-server>". sigh

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

how about here

Attached Files:

• nubs.JPG
      nubs.JPG
      File size:
      132.7 KB
      Views:
  17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

or here

Attached Files:

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

trickster and i never did this to one another we helped and supported each other not bash one another on steam groups and such. No server groups did til you guys

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

If you all had such a community spirit why go out of your way to say that crap, NUBS was gone there was nothing to gain but insulting someone

20. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

How is any of that offensive? Jesus grasp at straws some more to be offended will ya?

1. Nubs did have some bad admins. That is not a lie, it's a fact. Everyone does. I said to our admins that I don't want to wind up like you guys where there is a ban and then people argue it, so I asked they get evidence. But pooor me, I take offense to that. Sorry I adhere to stricter guidelines for the admins of Memehouse to prove their innocence rather than just taking their word for it because I "trust" them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry I used to run a decently sized community and this is how I handled my business and if an admin failed to provide evidence when the person was banned for why they banned them that person was immediately unbanned. It's up to the admins to prove guilt. Innocent until proven guilty.

2. NUBS never openly talked about bans. You always said "Go to the steam group". How is me saying I don't want to handle it like NUBS an insult? Are we seriously at this level where me saying "I don't want to be like NUBS" is now an insult? Holy crap, you need to grow up and quit LOOKING for things to take offense to.

Edit: And don't you DARE say we don't have the "Community Spirit" coming from a server owner who has a ton of custom plugins and a bunch of COMMUNITY MADE MAPS but holds them hostage on your server. THAT is the "Anti Community" spirit right there.

Sure, I acknowledge you can have your custom plugins if you want because you made/paid for them, but not releasing the COMMUNITY maps is just wrong.

Edit 2: Way to fail to acknowledge that you threw a hissy fit about Wired "Poaching" from your server and call us the "anti community" ones.