To All Empires Players

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by angry hillbilly, Apr 10, 2009.

1. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Theres a new* awsome mod in town:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/resistance-liberation

and OMFG ITS AMAZING!

*when i say new i mean updated to a point of quite stable and very good :D

(it is really hard to think that it is still the alpha xD)

The German NCO model:
    [​IMG]

The New Tompson Model:
    [​IMG]

One of the many AWSOME features is that u can climb over almost anyting:
    [​IMG]

The Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvLf_7OsFQ

One of the awsome maps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1GA5p-69iE
    (p.s. there is usuly much more action in the vid above but the other team must of been shit:p I just put it there to show the awsome parachute landings you do ingame xD)

2. Warmachine

Warmachine Member

ANOTHER WWII game during the invasion of Normandy? If I wanted to storm the beaches or jump out of an airplane for the 100th time, I'd play Call of Duty or some other game.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The combat looks really crap to be honest, all the guns go all over the place and the floating aim is terrible.

4. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

(and Chris u said "looks" u hvnt played it, you have to play it to understand it)

Ah but this game is VERY differnt. there is:

NO crosshair
    NO HUD
    NO Kills shown
    3 modes of ironsights which rocks.
    ...etc

its awsome realisam but still incredably fun even if u hate things like red orchistra. Its fast paced, loads of fun, amazing commuinty. Amazing graphics/animations for a mod (and a game). Belive me, try it, its awsome:

[​IMG]

You really do not belive how amazing it is until you play it

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Can you rocket jump?

6. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

hahahahhahaha rofl. No but you can climb on anything :p

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Thats not very realistic is it. They put something as unrealistic as human monkeys in but leave out very realistic rocket jumping.

8. Warmachine

Warmachine Member

To be honest, I don't really care how many features the mod has, I don't really want to jump out of an airplane, regroup with a squad, then fight through a village for the 30th time. And I heard from alot of people that the community was next to dead. :/

9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Graphics != a good game. Empires looks like crap compared to many mods (no offence intended to the devs, cause tbh, the crappiness fits NF nicely :3). yet to make us want this mod all you really do is show high res screens/models...

10. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

they are the only screens i could find that wernt 1000000x huge. ANYWAY i put the trailer there and gameplay vid. And warmaccine if u dont want to play it then keep it to yourself.

11. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

hillbilly, all of us come across mods sometimes that we find amazing, but everyone else disapproves of.

The game play is boring as shit. I've played on a server with 15 people (16 in total), and it was extremely boring.

The weapon aim is retarded. Feels like there's a ghost trying to alter the direction of my bullets. I hated the game, I'll stick with empires, thx.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Those aren't selling points. That's like saying 'We made this game and didn't bother to put a UI in it and that makes it BETTER THAN OTHER GAMES!!!

There's a reason games have huds, and that's because you don't know what's happening without one, unless your game is pong and you can remember the score.

You are correct when you say I haven't played it, and I see no reason to play it because it looks crap.

On the plus side, if you could steal their art department and give it to empires it'd make a much better mod, called 'empires with fancy graphics'.

13. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

The funny thing is, is that you do know what is going on. You DO have a map which you have to get out and it shows players in ur squad positions and what team owns what areas from captureing. There isnt a kill score system to improve teamwork. And it also makes you hinder before you move in cus u have to think. Is that guy dead, do i move or do i stay. And for ammo you hold down B and a small thing on the screen shows up showing how much ammo you have left (clips that is no numbers of bullets)

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Marvellous, an interface which requires you to press buttons instead of just showing you what you have. It's almost like they went out of their way to make it as obfusticated as possible.

And I've seen the map, it's even worse than the one in far cry 2, and that is annoying enough.

Also you don't have to think whether players are dead, you have to guess whether they're dead.

Either you saw them die and know they're dead, or you didn't because your gun was going all over the place and you have to guess whether or not you killed them, and basing whether or not you live on a guess is a damn silly idea.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

its a realism mod based in WWII. if you like that kinda thing it sounds fine, but i wold bet most empires fans are simply not into that sub-sub-genre, most empires fans are probably into the sub-sub-genre of RTS/FPS with minor RPG elements.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its obviously not chris'es thing, doesnt mean its bad

"Barby learns to ride pony's" (roughly translated, since i only know its dutch version) can be entertaining to some, irritating to most

doesn't mean its bad, because it does exactly as its audience goal wants

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The problem with that logic is that by using it you can say that having your balls smashed with a hammer isn't bad because somewhere there'll be someone mad enough to want it to happen to them.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

your point is flawed, something more like it is "having your balls smashed with a hammer isn't experienced totally unenjoyfull by all because somewhere there'll be someone mad enough to enjoy it.

turn based strategies aren't found boring by all because somewhere there'll be someone nerdy enough to enjoy taking hours of planning

jelly sandwiches aren't found repulsing by all because somewhere there'll be someone sweet-toothed enough to enjoy it on a slice of bread

facts are there is an audience for this game (see thread creator, he likes it, and i hope the creators of the game like it too)

if there is an audience for it then it isn't found bad by everyone, thus perfectly validating my previous point saying its just "not your thing" and it also validates the reason of why they created it

19. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

R&L is like a WW2 version of Insurgency. Its quite fun if you like a realism/immersion mod experience, but its way different from normal FPS play.

Fun R&L Fact: Voice chat is based on range rather than team (i.e. you can't 'talk' to someone on your team who is on the other side of the map). However, you can talk to anyone within your voice radius including the other team. Its great fun to taunt your enemies using this :)

20. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

No way no WWII ever again, thats so fucking boring.