There is but sadness in my heart

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Unit 1126 PLL, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

Imperial scum and Jekotian heroes alike, lend me your ears. For today, I write the obituary of a once powerful unit, struck down by the tides of time and the forces of life itself.

The Mobile Armored Division, renown across worlds for their skill at armored warfare, died long ago. It's members split up, went off to do other things. One remained, one stalwart figure, never losing the tag and never conceding the field to the enemy until every tank had been shot from under him. But now, he grows weary of the fight, there is no cause to be fought for and no leader to follow into battle.

One of the six initial cadre of MAD, I have been in the clan since its inception. I have proudly worn the tag for some time now, since at least 2008, and have engaged under the Armored flag more times than I can count.

But now, my course is lost to me. The game is changing, no longer does my Vanquisher pattern medium reign supreme, no longer can I find a well-trained tank squadron to fight alongside.

I ask you, clanners, if I should continue wearing the MAD tag as a tribute to all that I have lost, or if I should strip itown in shame and admit the truth?

Do I abandon the dream which so many have walked away from? Or do I maintain my proud (if ancient, relatively speaking) clan-lineage? I do not have the financial resources to raise and fund a clan from scratch, but I can at least continue wearing the tag.

In conclusion, I am sad to finally realise how far the game has come since I was in high-school and since MAD was active. I was a different person and the community was a different place. I don't know if it is better now or not, certainly I still enjoy playing. But I lost several friends when MAD disbanded, most especially my drill and squadron mate, Kieshdor, and my leader Bitchslap. I wish to remember those special games. That is why I've maintained the tags until now, but as the game evolves, am I living in the past?

2. Empty

Empty Member

I miss kieshdor.
    :(

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Bitchslaps dead

4. communism

communism poof

Bitchslap was best empires tactician commander

that shit where he just spammed armories thinking it helped him push
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You don't need money to fund a clan, at all. You don't need a server and people will host a forum for you, at most you'd need $5 for a year to get the domain, and MAD never even did that. So you could try and carry it on, but there aren't a lot of spare players atm. Either way, MAD managed to scrim us when no other clans had the players, and they knew they would lose and still put up a fucking good fight, being the only clan to ever beat us in a straight up fight. Respect to them for that.

6. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I have made a decision.

I will retain the M.A.D. tag until I move on. Because MAD was actually a pretty important thing in my gaming life for some time, and because I feel I do more honor to the name.

After embarrassing myself for several games, I finally seemed to get the hang of tank-driving in Empires Two Point Three Zero. I topped the scores for BE (the victor) that game. Then, later in the night I was forced to COMM for NF due to lack of players, although the server quickly caught up. We were victorious! It was, of course, not entirely due to my commanding, but I certainly did better than I had hoped. Special Thanks to MEG clan's Brian Griffin for his role in that game.

That performance reminded me of all that is good about Empires, and restored my faith in my abilities. I feel no longer that I am unworthy of the Mobile Armor Division mantle which I bear, and look towards the future with excitement.

I am considering restarting the clan, although my relative inexperience for what to do when it becomes larger than say, six to ten people would be telling.

7. Empty

Empty Member

You have my particles.
    [​IMG]

8. Zeke

Zeke Banned

inb4 carbine and hax.

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

omg i love Andrew WK

10. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

It's fucking video game. Some people holy....

11. P0g0

P0g0 Member

Just like JPL.... The original group was awesome. They
    gradually drifted away. Some on to bigger and better
    things and some in disgust with the clan and the game
    in general. May they all rest in peace.

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

who the fuck are you

13. Trickster

P0g0, I know who you are. Hello friend.

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

2008 scrubs in a club together or something?

15. communism

communism poof

07 represent

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

this is my 2nd account after first one got bansticked by dee

17. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

I know man. I mean where has the respect gone for the game? This shit isn't taken seriously enough now a days. Like Bro take care of your life, Take care of Empires.

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

This. If you want a site/forums I'm game ^_^ (Except it's $10, Trickster fails at numbers).

19. Trickster

I use a .co.uk domain atm, and that was £3.

20. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Well it's $10 for domains through American registrars, that's what my host has, and I don't feel like trying to map an externally registered domain to my hosting after that mess I attempted with your co.uk :p